Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2017, 05:26 AM
    Spark Plug Life??
    My Son's 2013 Chrysler 200, 2.4L with 110,000km + showing on the speedometer.. The Query is the Life of the Spark Plugs.. Car runs like a top and starts right up without any hesitation, this will be the 5th Winter and has never been Plugged In...
    Like the Old Saying "If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It".. But on the Preventive Side I'm saying it may be a Good Idea to have the Plugs changed when car is checked over for Winter.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2017, 08:20 AM
    How about the whole TUNE-UP if we are talking prevention?
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2017, 06:07 PM
    Newer car with iridium or platinum plugs, 50-120,000 miles. Older cars, standard plugs 30-45,000 miles. Air filter 15-30,000 miles depending on where you live (dusty conditions). Fuel filter typically 30,00 miles but many newer cars don't even mention changing the fuel filter in the service manual. It's supposed to be maintenance free.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2017, 07:01 PM
    Owners manual should tell you. I just changed the plugs on my 05 CRV, 125,000 miles
    Still looked perfect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears garden tractor--no spark at spark plug [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. . 2-cylinder Sears garden tractor, no spark at either plug. Seems to be no volts coming to the ignition module.. . I think there should be but not sure exactly. Wiring would appear to be in good shape, without pulling the harness. 1 - should I have volts going to the ignition module?...

Sears lawn mower, 5.5 hp no spark, replaced the spark plug and ignition coil . Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Model 917373982 sears mower 5.5 hp, no spark replaced the spark plug and ignition coil. I'm stuck

Spark plug doesn't spark while grounded but will if you hold it away from ground [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honda Z50 that I picked up at a bargain and it wasn't firing if you hold the plug on the head, I noticed if I hold the spark plug about an inch or so away from the head spark will jump from the plug to the head or what ever else you hold it next to or if you just hold it in your hand it...

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search