Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2017, 04:50 AM
    Drainfield
    Gentlemen has 1,000-gallon drain field that is bad. Current it is
    A 10 foot corrugated plastic pipe that goes out into the drain field
    Maybe it is about 36 inches deep. The pipe has holes in the bottom.
    With gravel underneath and tar paper over the top.

I see they have a new idea: This load bearing, long lasting French drain is easy to install and is light weight. The lightweight poly rock takes the place of gravel and the pre-assembled benefit of the EZ drain removes two steps from the traditional installation of a French drain. It can be used anywhere a gravel/slotted pipe combination is currently used.
    I wonder if this would be an option saving on gravel and tar paper. Would it fit the outlet fitting from the drain field to the leach fields?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2017, 06:54 PM
    I am guessing they have a 1,000 gallon septic tank. Only 1 field pipe? Have them look at the "Infiltrator" system. Most places in the Atlanta area no longer allow the old perforated pipe in gravel.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 15, 2017, 09:47 PM
    As far as fitting new pipe into the existing outlet - I see it as no issue. Today, you can purchase fitting that will fit any pipe configuration and material, on each end of the fitting

Check Fernco catalog for more details:

https://www.fernco.com/

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drainfield [ 0 Answers ]

The drainfield is 10 feet, it has 4 Inch x 10 Feet corex drainpipe. But with a ditch witch trencher machine make a wide enough channel, it may make too narrow a path. Chainlink gate is 36" wide, What do you think? You can rent them from HD

Drainfield Blockage? What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have shifted to my new house and in my new house, I noticed blockage in drainfield. What should I do.. Please suggest me...

Driving over the drainfield [ 3 Answers ]

I am having an inground pool demolished. To do that I need about 140 cu yds of fill and all of it has to be brought in by crossing my drain field. The contractor says just have lighter loads on bigger trucks (more tires) but It sounds like from these discussions as if there is no way I can avoid...

Our toilet is bubbling does that mean we need a drainfield? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a septic tank. When we shower at end of our shower the toilet starts bubbling. Septic people keep tell us we need a drainfield. We have 2 vents on the roof we snaked one should we snake the other and then drain the tank. What can we do ?

View more questions Search