Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aruddyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2017, 05:54 AM
    Employment Contract
    Hi,

I applied for IT position in the company. Two weeks later, the HR of the company called and spoke to me on the phone. The next day I received an email asking me to come down for an interview, I acknowledged the email and confirm my attendance for the job interview.

Two weeks after the interview, the HR called me again and told me that I am offered a position and I shall wait for the employment contract through email.

I waited and waited for the email to come, but they never come. Then last Friday I called the company and asked but only managed to speak to different HR personnel. She told me she will inform the other HR about the me and the employment contract.

Now, already one week I have not heard or received any news from them.
    I am desperate for this job, what should I do?
    Should I call them again and ask about the employment contract?

Thanks and I appreciate your advice.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 14, 2017, 06:28 AM
    Keep after them - it could be a simple mistake with your email address. Be sure to ask to talk to the first HR person (the one who said you are getting an offer). Or better yet: if during your interview you spoke with the manager of the department you'd be working in, that's the person who is actually making the decision to hire you, so call that person direct.
    aruddyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2017, 06:35 AM
    Thank you for your advice
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2017, 07:07 AM
    I like the idea of calling the manager who hired you directly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I apply for a new employment even if my contract is still live [ 1 Answers ]

I am a contract worker here canada

Performance Review Clauses in an Employment Contract [ 1 Answers ]

When an employer puts an Annual Performance Review clause in a employment contract with an employee, are they obligated to provide that performance review yearly? Would failure to provide one, breach the contract and render it null and void? Is there case law in regards to this?

Employment contract [ 1 Answers ]

I was reclassified as salary exempt by my employer, while other's were taken off salary and changed to hourly. I'm aware of the FSLA guidelines etc. The contract I signed was for 45 hours at a 'x' dollars. However, six months later I'm being scheduled for eleven hour days and told I have to work...

9 month employment contract [ 2 Answers ]

Does the fact that you are a school employee, with a 9 month employment contract that has to be renewed each year, hurt your ability to prove discrimination? The job is still there they just replaced me with another person. No write- ups, no bad yearly evaluations, nada! I never had to punch a...

View more questions Search