Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karine2314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2017, 08:51 AM
    6 weeks and 5 days pregnant
    Hi I went for an ultrasound and the doctor told me she couldn't hear my baby's heartbeat and that it could possibly mean that's a misccariage which I to confirm if it is or not because she also asked me to come back in a week but also asked me if I wanted to take medication for me to flush the baby out of my system which I thought it was really weird for her to say that because she never really explained anything just said they could find the baby's heartbeat
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 10, 2017, 09:41 AM
    What country are you in?
    It is always best to have a doctor or clinic whose staff follow you all the way through.
    It is not uncommon for an embryo or fetus to die without spontaneously miscarrying, and it's best to get it out.
    But if you aren't sure a) exactly how many weeks you are and b) whether or not there really wasn't a heartbeat, then just wait. Maybe try to see another doctor who isn't so busy.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 10, 2017, 09:52 AM
    I am surprised that the doctor was so sure that you're miscarrying. The development of a baby from conception to birth has been studied extensively, and the early stages have been found to be fairly regular regardless of the pregnancy. Which is to say that your 6week fetus and another 6week fetus would look almost identical. The problem is that they're not completely identical, your fetus could be a little larger then normal so would be dating a little older then it actually is, meaning that the heart hasn't developed to the point where its beat is detectable.

My advice would be to wait a week (Maybe a little more) and go for another ultrasound. Confirm that the you're going to miscarry.

My sympathises if you are miscarrying, it isn't a easy situation to endure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 weeks 2 days pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm 22 years old. I went to free pregnancy clinic to get ultrasound done. Lady did ultrasound said she couldn't find heartbeat. The baby was measuring 7 weeks 5 days. And moved. Is it possible her equipment wasn't accurate. I seen my baby moved and so did she. She said baby had died and to...

5 weeks 2 days pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage in October I was about 6 weeks. Im having cramping again like the last pregnancy but not spotting this time. Does this mean I should worry about having another miscarriage like last time? I have my OB appt tomorrow but am scared and worried I might lose this baby to.

40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.. [ 2 Answers ]

40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.. Having horrible abdominal & back pains that make me need to pee, lost my mucus plug this morning, pains are very constant, sharp pains inside my vagina.. what's going on ?

37 weeks pregnant and 5 days [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and 5 days and last night I drank raspberry leaf tea and I walked around till I got tired and after that my stomach started to hurt a lot and I felt like I had to vomit but I didn't so I tried to sleep it off and this morning I woke up and my stomach was still hurting but not...

35 weeks 3 days pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I got told I was dilated 1 cm four days ago and I been having contractions on and off every 30 minutes but I'm having a brownish pink discharge and my lower back is aching and I hurt really bad when I sit up from laying down. What does it mean?

View more questions Search