Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LKLO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2017, 12:41 AM
    Accidentally Bumped The Car In Front Of Me At A Fastfood Drive Through?
    Accidentally Bumped The Car In Front Of Me At A Fastfood Drive Through? There was no damage to either cars, even the drive through workers agreed. The driver of the other car was nice about it, saying "It's okay, don't worry" & asked me for my insurance, driver's license, phone #. I forgot to ask for any of her info & forgot to snap a picture of her car. What should I do now? & should I contact my insurance? Will my insurance rates go up?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 9, 2017, 12:44 AM
    Has a claim been filled ?
    LKLO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2017, 12:45 AM
    Not yet
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2017, 01:14 AM
    Contact your insurance company. Which you should have done immediately. Don't know why she asked for your information if there was NO damage. The thing is, what if she gets in another episode and presents your information? Always take pictures. Always get witness information. Accidental bumps in these situations at fast food places is a common occurrence.

No, dont think your rates will go up. Think about it, why would they under these circumstances; but get yourself prepared with a mindset to do the proper procedures.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 9, 2017, 05:31 AM
    Very foolish mistake, so don't give out information again, unless it's an exchange at a real accident.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 9, 2017, 06:41 AM
    Of course you contact your insurance company just to give them a heads up for a possible scam/fraudulent claim, and let them know you have witnesses to back up your side. In the future, if there is no damage, then never give your insurance information.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 10, 2017, 06:09 AM
    Just to add to the previous comments - you typically must inform your insurance carrier of any accident within 5 days or so (may be as long as 10) or else they will not cover you. So if you don't call them, and two weeks from now the woman ends up coming after you for damages to her rear bumper, you could be on your own. So call them. If nothing comes of it (i.e. if the woman doesn't claim any damages), then your rates will not be affected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talking Differential All Wheel Drive vs Front Wheel Drive.. [ 2 Answers ]

Curious more the Economics , MPG to Run an AWD.. While we do have Blizzard like conditions at the Best of Times during the Winter Months.. And we're less than a 2km Drive to Provincially Paved Highway.. Point is we do more Miles on Paved Highways.. So a FWD would be sufficient.. Looking @ a Honda...

Accidentally formatted hard drive, need to recover. [ 4 Answers ]

My computer wouldn't do anything... frozen every time I started it and so I hit F10 on start up and thought I was restoring data to an earlier date and turns out that I formatted hard drive. I am devastated... I have videos of my dad and I talking right before he died, photos of the kids not to...

Drifting in a front wheel drive car? [ 2 Answers ]

;) can you drift with a front wheel drive car? :? :?

View more questions Search