Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RThorson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2017, 09:51 AM
    Mortgage
    I have a 104,000.00 mortgage. I have 158,000 in the same bank. I have asked the question but never got back the answer. How can I mortgage myself as I have little time left to pay but currently pay about 400.00 per month in interest and that according to my monthly payment of 1,700 ill net out around 22,000.00.

I would sooner have that number. How can do this without disturbing things?

Im in Canada by the way
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 8, 2017, 12:15 PM
    Hi,

Talk to your mortgage provider. Explain what you want to do and see if your mortgage is setup to allow you to do what you're wanting to do. That way you can ensure that you get what you want. They might be able to, if you ask for it nicely enough, waive any fees and/or penalties for early payment.

Each mortgage provider is different and, though most policies are similar between mortgage providers, each will have their own loops to jump through.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2017, 03:08 PM
    At first I thought you meant you have little time left to live.
    Just pay it all off. The balance is right there on each month.
    It's only the first few years that some banks have a penalty clause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many years can a mortgage company pursue you for the balance of a mortgage loan? [ 1 Answers ]

We ended up owing way more on our FL home than it was worth when the housing market crashed. We were unable to sell and our mortgage company refused to work anything out with us, so we went into default on the loan and let it go to foreclosure. We quit paying on the mortgage in 2006 but...

Can I deduct mortgage interest from a US Bank Mortgage on a Mexico Home? [ 1 Answers ]

We own one home, and it's in Mexico. My wife lives there full time, and I commute to and from the States. We have a mortgage from a US bank in dollars for this home in Mexico. Can we deduct the interest payments for this home on our tax returns?

Glen Pool Club, Inc. has a $150,000 mortgage liabilty. The mortgage is payable in mo [ 1 Answers ]

Glen Pool Club, Inc. has a $150,000 mortgage liabilty. The mortgage is payable in monthly installments of $1,543 , which include interest computed at an annual rate of 12 percent (1 percent monthly). Prepare a partial amortization table showing (1) the original balance of this loan, and (2)...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

View more questions Search