Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfk62742 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2017, 02:13 PM
    How can I stop a water seepage in a bottom cement basement step?
    This originally was outside steps going into the basement with a drain at the bottom. Since then a porch was built over the steps so it does not get direct rain. Water drains from the base of the bottom step to the drain and I would like to plug the drain but can't because of the constant (off and on) drainage. I want to seal around the walls of the step enclosure but because of the dampness I can not do this. Can you help me determine how to stop this drainage?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2017, 03:39 PM
    Look into sealing the OUTSIDES of the enclosure, both above ground, and below it. You may well have to inspect the outside of the entire basement or at least that particular side, and that's a lot of digging. Ever get water in the basement other than around the steps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop leakage at bottom of stack in basement [ 9 Answers ]

My stack is leaking where it connect to the drain in basement floor.

Basement water seepage/outside slab drain [ 15 Answers ]

We are brand new homeowners and are scared out of our wits about this problem. We just purchased our first home in October. Had lots of rain with no problems in our very nice finished basement. We are in a split level home, the basement depth is about 5 feet with above grade windows and supposedly...

Fix leak? Cu pipe water inlet from well at cement basement [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Plumbing expert, Our 1969 year old property is supplied from a well. The well supply is feed under ground to a verticle riser made of copper. Water is leaking I suspect from the copper pipe in the cement and wicking upwards and wetting the cement floor. There is a lot of corrosion at the...

Still getting seepage in basement, why? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Iowa. We have had much much rain this season. In July, when everyone else was battling water in their basements, we had our share of seepage, in places where it was during the flood of 93. But as well, we started getting some seepage in another area we never had water there before. Well,...

How to stop water pooling in bottom refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Water dispenser turned off, and water still pooling in bottom of fridge. How to stop?

View more questions Search