Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chadtt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2017, 03:27 AM
    Should I let go
    I have dated this girl for over a year now and everything was so great, And I could say this is the first girl that I ever truly liked. To me she was perfect.
    But something happened that shattered me apart. When it was getting close to her 18th birthday she wanted to ask her parents if she could bring me along with some other friends that has boyfriends to her party as well. She is from a very strict christian family (Arab ethnicity) So they went furious at her about it. They were so strict that she couldn't be late pass 10 minutes after work. Her mum found out about all the presents I've brought her through the years but didn't say anything at first. So she texted me on snap chat saying this isn't going to work out and she choose her parents. I respect her choices 100% but although I was quite upset that she sent it through snap chat. It ended so fast I didn't know how to react. I thought I would last with this girl for a long time maybe even a lifetime, But when it comes to parents there isn't much I can do.
    I know for a fact that she stills loves me and would do anything for this not to happen, But she hasn't been replying to my text because she is trying so hard to get over me, She said it wouldn't help if I keep talking to her. Throughout our relationship she always tells me that she wouldn't care what her parents think, But I guess at the end of the day its up to them too. Her parents doesn't know who I am, They just saw a comment I made on Facebook. Should I let her go even though we're still crazy in love? All I want is for her to be happy.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2017, 04:35 AM
    Let it go...

You said " I have dated this girl for over a year now and everything was so great, And I could say this is the first girl that I ever truly liked. To me she was perfect."You've only dated her for a year.. also you said it's the FIRST girl you ever truly liked. Therefor how can you possibly know she was perfect if you have no perspective to compare to. Nothing you can do but move on. She made that decision so its out of your hands, you HAVE to let it go. Whatever her reasons.. she had that right. If you don't you become one of "THOSE" people. You don't want that. You are INFATUATED with her... its too soon to be actual love. You will see and understand this one day. And if she was "crazy in love" she wouldn't have made the choice.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2017, 04:49 AM
    "I respect her choices 100%" - That's admirable. We have all read many stories on here like yours and it has to be difficult. She has to be a willing participant in the relationship and it doesn't sound like she will be going forward. For your own health and mental stability I would stop texting and do some things that you like and that will help you move on from this. Breakups are difficult but we have all survived them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2017, 05:32 AM
    You have NO CHOICE but to let it go. It may take time to accept this break up 100% as you say, but leave her alone, and in time you will. Darn parents! What do they know about young crazy love.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2017, 12:39 PM
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F483&FORM=VIRE
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2017, 06:19 PM
    When someone mentions the age of his love interest without mentioning his own, I start to wonder. Then you don't mention what your religious background is either, and what your family says. SHE was perfect for YOU so it doesn't matter? Of course it does. Being perfect is a two way street.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 3, 2017, 04:25 PM
    Yes, I would let it go! Just like you it would have been hard for her as well, but she made her decision and she is clear about it, now you can't do much except respecting her decision!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search