Ask
    Jergen22345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2017, 10:16 AM
    Was Sam Shepherd, actor, in the military
    Did Sam Shepherd, actor and playwright serve in the US military
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 2, 2017, 07:55 AM
    Not according to biographies on Wikipedia or biography.com. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Shepard or https://www.biography.com/people/sam-shepard-9481676
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2017, 06:33 PM
    I wonder why...

His father was in the military but was alive til the mid 80s. Sometimes you could get a deferment for reasons having to do with sole support, etc. I don't know.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 3, 2017, 06:00 AM
    I wondered that as well. He was born in '43 so would have turned 19 in 1962, which was before the draft seriously escalated for Vietnam in 1965. In the mid-60's it was pretty easy to get a deferment from your local draft board - just ask Bill Clinton or Joe Biden about it. He was too old to have been included in the first draft lottery in 1969.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 3, 2017, 09:55 AM
    I was born in '46. Nobody got out easily around where I was. I know one of each type for 64-65: CO, starvation (medical), fake crazy (didn't work for everyone), and go to Canada. I think the CO also happened to be 'sole support of mother and siblings' or in those days, 'sole son of family who's father had died.'

I'm not going to wonder so much about Sam. I have wondered quite a bit about that right wing loud mouth James Woods. ALL mention of those years wiped out, everywhere. He sort of drops out of MIT and vaguely drifts off into theater thanks to somebody famous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military movie / military school [ 2 Answers ]

The movie is about military school and a strict boss / sergeant. He is rude and mean to recruits. I think its 1980-1990's movie. Do you guys now any movies like this?

Name of an actor [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the actor playing the grey-haired assassin in "F/X2: The Deadly Art of Illusion"? Neither of the names from the list of actors seems to be the right one.

Name of actor... [ 2 Answers ]

What's his name? http://im18.gulfup.com/2012-04-29/1335696048161.gif

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search