Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2017, 07:14 AM
    What's good for the goose..........................
    The House Judiciary Committee sent a letter on Thursday to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein requesting the appointment of a second special counsel .The letter posed some 14 different questions that the committee has asked at various points in the past but to this point remain unanswered related to the Clintoon Crime family and Evita's campaign ;the conduct of FBI Director James Comey ,and Att. Gen. Loretta Lynch in the investigations of the various illegal acts by Evita and her State Dept ;specifically the mishandling of classified information .They want to know more about the DNC's colluding with the Evita campaign to deny the Democrat nomination to Bernie Sanders. They also sought more information regarding the allegations that the Trump campaign had been surveilled by the emperor's regime , the “unmasking” of Trump campaign members and leaks of classified information to the media ;Comey's admitted leaks to the media ;and the FBI's reliance on the Steele dossier as a basis to continue it's investigation of Trump.

All the questions posed are unanswered despite the efforts of the various Congressional committees to obtain the information from the stonewalling of the emperor's regime's key players .

The letter cited Comey’s congressional testimony that Lynch pretty much ordered him to play down its Clinton probe.
    Days after Lynch met with Bubba Clintoon, Comey announced the investigation was closed and he would not recommend charges be brought against Evita for her use of an unsecured private e-mail server ,and the illegal handling of classified information while she was Sec State .

We call on a newly appointed special counsel to investigate, consistent with appropriate regulations, the following questions, many of which were previously posed by this Committee and remain unanswered:

1. Then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch directing Mr. Comey to mislead the American people on the nature of the Clinton investigation;
    2. The shadow cast over our system of justice concerning Secretary Clinton and her involvement in mishandling classified information;
    3. FBI and DOJ’s investigative decisions related to former Secretary Clinton’s email investigation, including the propriety and consequence of immunity deals given to potential Clinton co-conspirators Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson, John Bentel and possibly others;
    4. The apparent failure of DOJ to empanel a grand jury to investigate allegations of mishandling of classified information by Hillary Clinton and her associates;
    5. The Department of State and its employees’ involvement in determining which communications of Secretary Clinton’s and her associates to turn over for public scrutiny;
    6. WikiLeaks disclosures concerning the Clinton Foundation and its potentially unlawful international dealings;
    7. Connections between the Clinton campaign, or the Clinton Foundation, and foreign entities, including those from Russia and Ukraine;
    8. Mr. Comey’s knowledge of the purchase of Uranium One by the company Rosatom, whether the approval of the sale was connected to any donations made to the Clinton Foundation, and what role Secretary Clinton played in the approval of that sale that had national security ramifications;
    9. Disclosures arising from unlawful access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) computer systems, including inappropriate collusion between the DNC and the Clinton campaign to undermine Senator Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign;
    10. Post-election accusations by the President that he was wiretapped by the previous Administration, and whether Mr. Comey and Ms. Lynch had any knowledge of efforts made by any federal agency to unlawfully monitor communications of then-candidate Trump or his associates;
    11. Selected leaks of classified information related to the unmasking of U.S. person identities incidentally collected upon by the intelligence community, including an assessment of whether anyone in the Obama Administration, including Mr. Comey, Ms. Lynch, Ms. Susan Rice, Ms. Samantha Power, or others, had any knowledge about the “unmasking” of individuals on then candidate-Trump’s campaign team, transition team, or both;
    12. Admitted leaks by Mr. Comey to Columbia University law professor, Daniel Richman, regarding conversations between Mr. Comey and President Trump, how the leaked information was purposefully released to lead to the appointment of a special counsel, and whether any classified information was included in the now infamous “Comey memos”;
    13. Mr. Comey’s and the FBI’s apparent reliance on “Fusion GPS” in its investigation of the Trump campaign, including the company’s creation of a “dossier” of information about Mr. Trump, that dossier’s commission and dissemination in the months before and after the 2016 election, whether the FBI paid anyone connected to the dossier, and the intelligence sources of Fusion GPS or any person or company working for Fusion GPS and its affiliates; and
    14. Any and all potential leaks originated by Mr. Comey and provide to author Michael Schmidt dating back to 1993.

https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-conte...-to-AG-DAG.pdf
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2017, 07:51 AM
    Subpoena, everyone involved, put them under oath... and throw them in jail if and when they change stories. Scooter Libby went to jail for a single misquote during an investigation that ended with NO other crimes committed (The Valarie Plame based witch hunt where it came out it was her own husband who outed her).

Why should ANYONE involved in this be treated any differently.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2017, 10:07 AM
    Hello:

Couple things..

They LOST. Who gives a damn?

Only banana republics put their previous leaders on trial.. I have NO idea WHY the right wing wants to DEGRADE my beloved country so..

excon
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2017, 10:12 AM
    We listened to the Democrats Blaming Bush for EVERYTHING.. including stuff that didn't even happen when he was in office for 8 long years.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2017, 11:41 AM
    We listened to YOU guys blame Obama for EVERYTHING and talk about him like a dog, and now you elected ANOTHER darn DUFUS you guys still ain't happy. Time to adjust your meds.

Good thing you couldn't figure out how to REPEAL Obamacare yet because you really NEED it more than ever. .
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2017, 12:13 PM
    Obama actually DID the things he was accused of. Not made up unproven stuff like this Russian dead horse that you guys keep beating (decayed to a skeleton at this point).

Trump is Einstein compared to Obummer. What exactly was Barrack such a success at OUTSIDE the political spectrum anyway?

Politics takes being an accomplished LIAR to have a career in it...you have to actually be good at something to be a success in the real world.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2017, 12:42 PM
    1. Only banana republics put their previous leaders on trial..
    Didn't realize there was a statute of limitations for misconduct while in office .

But many of the issues involve Evita's campaign and the DNC ;as well as the emperor's administrations illegal use of the intelligence agencies to do domestic spying .
    I can't think of anything closer to a general warrant than what happened during the campaign . The Founding Fathers battled an 18th century version of the wholesale surveillance that the previous regime is accused of doing.("writs of assistance") It is the very reason why the 4th amendment was added to the Constitution. They used the flimsy premise of the fraudulent Trump dossier to obtain FISA warrants of Trump campaign staffers and possibly Trump himself .

Besides ;many of the questions that the Committee is asking is for things that happened after the election. Mueller's investigation in particular stinks of a modern day writ of assistance. He reminds me of Stalin’s henchman, Lavrentiy Beria, who said to Stalin, “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.”
    Expert

Jul 30, 2017, 03:48 PM
    Silly repubics! Sinking in their own swamp but hollering about last years news. 3 and a half YEARS to go with THIS disaster.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2017, 05:33 PM
    Haaa ! and silly Dems have their Senate leader saying that the Dems are going to pick off Trump voters in the next cycle by running Trojan horse candidates like they did in 2008 ;and offering the latest version of unfunded promissory notes to those gullible rubes in the swing states . It is the Dems that are trying to pull off a 3rd world trick by staging a coup .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2017, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    All the questions posed are unanswered despite the efforts of the various Congressional committees to obtain the information from the stonewalling of the emperor's regime's key players
    Uh huh. Did it ever occur to anyone that these question HAVE been answered, just not the way Trump thinks they should be. But this is just Sessions trying to get back into Trump's good graces.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should investigate, and when there is nothing to be found AGAIN, the next time Trump says Crooked Hillary she can sue him for libel.

Several of those points are totally bogus. For example:
    1) the first time I ever heard it called a "matter" was from Comey's testimony. I don't think it makes a bit of difference what it was called. Unless she asked him (like Trump did) to go easy, there is nothing there.
    2) What shadow? She goofed, she admitted she goofed. Move on!
    8) So far there has been nothing but timing linking those contributions. There has been ZERO evidence that Clinton tried to influence any of the EIGHT other agencies to agree to the deal.
    10) These have been answered already
    12) This was answered in Comey's testimony. He advised the committee that he had a friend pass ONE of his personal e-mails to the Times to protect himself. No "leak" and no classified info.

Talk about a fishing expedition and witch hunt! I also point out that the letter was signed by only Republican members and not even all of them!
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Hillary IS crocked and can't sue ANYONE for saying so. The only reason there wasn't an investigation into Hillary and Obama administration was the Obama Administration AG's blocked such investigations from even happening... but THAT is different... because they weren't Republicans..

After All BenGhaziGate never happened...Election rigging by the Dems isn't Illegal for them to do...Handing thousands of Guns to help arm the Mexican Drug Cartels isn't illegal if you are a Democrat...and Mishandling Classified Documents isn't illegal if you are a Democrat.....

And if you are a Democrat..(Hillary) you can LIE to congress over and over with no repercussions because well Democrats are Special....while people like Scooter Libby went to jail for ONE misquote during a witch hunt investigation that turned up NO crime occurred. Because well...Laws don't apply to Democrats. But do for anyone else.

Jul 31, 2017, 05:28 AM
    I will remind you that Clinton has not received so much as an indictment. So stating has a fact that she is crooked is libel.

And your obvious bias against democrats has you continuing to make statements that are paranoid and inane as well as untrue.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2017, 05:33 AM
    14. Any and all potential leaks originated by Mr. Comey and provide to author Michael Schmidt dating back to 1993.

This one is the funniest of all - why stop at 1993? Why not just go back to Mr. Comey's birth? You know, when he was born in Kenya?

tomder, you never give up, do you? These are beyond silly. I really thought you could do better than this.

I understand it gets harder and harder to distract from Trump as he gets more and more strange. Especially his promoting police brutality - not an easy one to get around, is it? Then there's his support of campus rape. But that fits right in with his publicly expressed attitude toward women.

There's more, lots more, but that will have to do for now.

Please get current and read the papers to see how Trump steps daily closer to the end of his weird presidency. Hillary is old news.
    Expert

Jul 31, 2017, 05:46 AM
    Repubics have yet to accept they have the state and federal governments under their legislative control and can govern as they please... for now at least, as 2018 looms large.

Will the pendulum swing back to the dems, while they are stuck on the last election?

Jul 31, 2017, 06:03 AM
    Don't blame Tomder for this. It was the Republican members of the House Judiciary committee (and not all of them) who signed this silliness and put together that list.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2017, 06:55 AM
    Thanks Scott . Athos frequently calls my comments irrelevant or dated even if is is news that happened within a day that I mentioned it .
    the first time I ever heard it called a "matter" was from Comey's testimony. I don't think it makes a bit of difference what it was called. Unless she asked him (like Trump did) to go easy, there is nothing there.
    The fact is that the Hillary investigation was being called an investigation until Lynch ordered him to change his language .

What shadow? She goofed, she admitted she goofed. Move on!
    Petraus Mishandled classified information and he was charged . Not only did she mishandle classified information ;she also set up a server against the law ,and destroyed evidence ;obstructed justice . That was much more than 'oooops .... My bad '.
    So far there has been nothing but timing linking those contributions. There has been ZERO evidence that Clinton tried to influence any of the EIGHT other agencies to agree to the deal.
    Which is why that begged for a Congressional investigation to clear it up . But since they have been stonewalled in their pursuit ,they have recommended an independent investigation.

These have been answered already
    correct ;we already know that unmasking was done in violation of FISA law and 4th amendment protections .

This was answered in Comey's testimony. He advised the committee that he had a friend pass ONE of his personal e-mails to the Times to protect himself. No "leak" and no classified info.
    No we do not know the complete content of the leaked memo so we don't know if any classified information was leaked by Comey .

This one is the funniest of all - why stop at 1993? Why not just go back to Mr. Comey's birth? You know, when he was born in Kenya?
    That was the silliest comment in this thread . Simply stated ;if Comey passed information to ex-U.S. attorney, later identified as Columbia University Prof. Daniel Richman, this time for the purpose of it being published in the Times then why should we believe that this was the first time Comey used him as a middle man to leak to the press ? Richman is mentioned in 151 results in a New York Times search dating back to 1993, with 11 of those articles also featuring Comey and six of them being authored by Michael S. Schmidt – who later wrote the “Comey memos” story which Comey told Congress he directed Richman to leak. That is why 1993 was the date chosen.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2017, 07:50 AM
    Why is this still being debated?

Jul 31, 2017, 08:03 AM
    First, I'm a facts guy. I call the facts out no matter who gets them wrong.

And again, I don't recall it ever referred to as a matter. Nor does what it was called matter, it's the extent of the investigation that matters.

Sorry, I believe Comey when he said she was careless, not criminal.

Who has been stonewalling? I don't see proof of that. I cannot imagine that of 8 different agencies that had to approve the deal, if Clinton had tried to influence them it wouldn't have come out.

Do we? From what I recall, the process of unmasking is very stringent. I remember Rice denying any unmasking outside of procedures.

Seriously? Comey specifically stated that the ONE e-mail he passed to his friend was specifically composed to not include classified info.

Again, the letter coming from only half the committee and all Republicans is nothing more than a fishing expedition. It uses innuendo and false premises in a real witch hunt. It's got Trump's heavy handed thumbprint all over it. If Trump wants this investigation then just tell Sessions to start it.
    Expert

Jul 31, 2017, 08:24 AM
    Hillary has been investigated for how many years? Give it a rest! If she was indeed guilty of something the right wing noise machine would have more than just talking points, noise, and allegations, and conspiracy theories. Now Trump and his minions are just getting started on some serious vetting. He either survives the scrutiny, or he doesn't.

What is he afraid of? Repubs should govern RESPONSIBLY, like they said Obama and the dems did NOT. Is that too much to expect? Boy are they off to a great start, hope they get it together.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2017, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Blaming Bush for EVERYTHING.. including stuff that didn't even happen when he was in office for 8 long years.
    Hello smoothy:

BLAMING is NOT the same as PROSECUTING.. Dude!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goose egg [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 22 month old that hit her face in the tub, she has a large grape size goose egg on her face right in front of her ear, no crying. She is acting normal and walking and talking fine.. anything I should be worried about?

Canada goose down coat [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a canada goose down coat with high quality!I don't want to waste many.So can you give me some advice?

The Snow Goose [ 1 Answers ]

The story The Snow Goose written by Paul Gallico was made into a movie for TV some years ago. Is is ever going to be released for sale (DVD) to the general public. I want a copy

View more questions Search