Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sk8654 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2017, 02:42 PM
    Water standing on top of water meter
    Water is standing on top of water meter, and water is around it... yard guy was cutting grass which caused ruts that now have water standing in them. What could this be?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2017, 05:15 PM
    A leak? Is the small red pointer moving when everything is shut off in the house? Sprinkler system? Rain?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 08:18 PM
    Water meter is connected by two unions. One of them probably leaks. Also it is very possible that water accumulates in water meter well after rain, or after yard irrigation. If you have sprinklers, turn them off for couple of days and see if water drains into the ground. If not, then take large wrench, or channel locks, and give it 1/4 turn on each union. Lastly there could be a leak in your main pipe, on your side of the meter. If that is the case, water is following cavity around the pipe, appearing in the water meter well. If that is the case, you would have to trace the leak and fix it, or replace the main water pipe

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standing water in electric hot water heater [ 3 Answers ]

I Bought an abandoned home its been empty for about 5 years water supply is a well the hot water heater is still full of water will it be safe to drain the tank treat it with bleach flush it out and then use it? It worked fine when it was abandoned just concerns with water standing for 5 years

How do I turn off the water to an water tank in order to change the water meter? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the water meter on our pressurized bladder-type water tank. I see a shut off valve for the water leaving the tank but I don't see one to shut off the water coming into the tank. So when I go to untighten the water meter water leaks out.

Tiny bubbles similar to seltzer water in standing toilet water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-awhile back, someone asked a question that sounds pretty similar to the problem I'm having with my toilet, but I didn't see a response from them as to whether they were able to resolve the issue. In one of my toilets, after a few hours, really tiny bubbles develop in the standing water. The...

Standing water in water softener receptacle [ 1 Answers ]

The container that holds the salt for my water softener is about half full of water. I have had this softener for 8 years and have never noticed this before. What should I do?:confused:

View more questions Search