Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Javatoffee2017 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2017, 01:33 PM
    Upgrading to Windows 7 with a older 16 bit application
    I have a older 16-bit application and some newer 32-bit games. I'm considering upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit.

What kind of issues might there be?

How would you try and resolve those issues?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 27, 2017, 01:35 PM
    16 bit is not supported by a 64 bit OS, the 32 bit ones are fine.
    What exactly are you running in 16 bit?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2017, 05:24 PM
    I can vouch for that.. even some 32 bit apps have 16 bit installers so none of those will run on the 64 bit version too because they can't be installed. Only the 32 bit stuff with 32 bit installers. Windows 7 support is going away so not worth the expense to upgrade to an O/S that already has a known end of support date. Of course if it stand alone and has NO connectivity to the internet..thats moot..but what computer these days is truly NOT connected somehow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to boot Windows XP because of SVCHOST.EXE Application Error [ 1 Answers ]

For the last several days, I have utterly failed to use my computer for any purpose at all, be it internet, or Office 2007, because I just can't start my operating system. As soon as I switch on my computer, and try to log on by writing my password, I get the following message: SVCHOST.EXE...

Older Basement Windows [ 3 Answers ]

My house has those old single pane metal framed windows. Eventually I would like to replace them with nice vinyl window but I estimated the cost for 5 new windows and a mason to be around $700. Right now I can't afford that, any suggestions on a cheap alternative. I want to do this for two...

Upgrading Windows ME (FAT32) without formatting the hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought my wife an Ipod Nano and it requires Windows 2000 w/ SP4 (or higher) to run the iTunes software. I ordered the Service Pack 4 and when it arrived, I put in the disk and the directions said that I couldn't load SP4 to the ME OS (it would have to be loaded to Windows 2000). I was...

Upgrading from ME to Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difficulty rating in upgrading from ME to XP and should I back up ME prior to the upgrade.

View more questions Search