Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Guywithvit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2017, 10:16 AM
    Help with vitiligo
    Hi there I'm new to this forum I've been reading a few posts and thought I need to ask my own questions.
    I have had vitiligo since I was 6 I am now 23 and my hands to elbow are completely white 70% of my legs are white I am a pretty white person already but it's taken up a lot of 1 side of my face and starting on my neck for the past 10 years I've had serious issues with it I don't go out for 9 months of thee year to avoid gaining the slightest tan but it still is striking on my face.
    To my question I have tried Steroid creams gave by my doctors with no affect I have been thinking for the past 9 months to try to be depigmented and have put a lot of thought into it like why not become pure white I am going to end up pure white and it may take years and I'll be depressed majorly until it happens so why not try speed it up with the monobenzone does any one recommend any tips or don't with the treatment and how long and what happens during the process.
    Sorry it's a long post I just wanted it all out in 1 any help will be much appreciated
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2017, 12:27 PM
    Hi, what is your ancestry like, as far as skin and culture and countries?

Personally, I would NOT 'speed it up' with monobenzones or anything. Steroids are bad enough.
    There are people all around you with skin conditions, some quite painful, others cancerous, others very very striking, like port wine. Nothing is contagious, you aren't oozing, you have no sores or pustules.

Just be a nice person.

I have very fair skin, hair and eyes. I am covered with moles, and they do some strange things. If they decide to disappear on their own, sometimes the melanin disappears first in a wide circle around them. The brown mole turns pink, and eventually that is gone, and the circle of white is too. I have to watch constantly for cancer and do have a basal cell.

Work on being healthy. Find an alternative nutritionist to work on your immune system. One theory is that it's lacking somehow, and attacking your melanin.

https://www.vitiligosupport.org/localsupport.cfm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with my vitiligo [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't try mono yet but confused weather try it on my vitiligo or nt because its last thing I didn't try.my vitiligo is not intensive bt didn't get my color back even tried surgerical treatments. I get my first spot at the age of 4 in 1984. Now thinking about depigmentation treatments. Because I...

A vitiligo patient wants the rest of her skin to acquire vitiligo [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I'm a 19 years old female. I have acquired viligo since I was 6 years old. And since then it started spreading all over my body(face, hands, legs.. ). Now more than 50% of my body is white while the other part is still patched. Is there any way in which I could help vitiligo spread over the...

Vitiligo [ 2 Answers ]

How can my sister permanently hide a vitiligo spreading the lower lip.Lipsticks easily washes off... she can't let anyone french kiss her as she tries to hide the spots.Has anyone dealt with this before!

View more questions Search