Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2017, 09:32 AM
    Freezing Fresh Garlic Bulbs
    In your opinion, can fresh garlic bulbs be frozen?

And if so, how should they be stored once they are out of the freezer? Should they be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool dark place.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 24, 2017, 10:42 AM
    I live alone and freeze everything. I do freeze garlic, but I peel the cloves and pack them in a small jar of olive oil.
    As with anything, leave a bit of room for expansion of liquids.

You would probably find that if you freeze a whole bulb intact, it will turn to mush once thawed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Calculate Freezing Point Of a Blend Of Two Mixtures With Known Freezing Points [ 0 Answers ]

Suppose I Have Two Streams ,Each Stream Has Known Flow-Rate, Composition & Freezing Point , Is There Any Empirical Formula To Calculate The Freezing Point Of a Blend Of Those Streams ?

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in a fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash what is causing this

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

The cost for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the cost of installation for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs. Materiall cost will be beneficial. Barbara Ivory

View more questions Search