Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2017, 09:06 AM
    Homeowner Insurance Claim
    I am considering making a claim with my insurance company to get help in paying for new windows, roof, gutters concrete steps repaired and metal railing replaced.

It may not be weather related damage.

In your opinion, what company would I have a better chance of getting help with my insurance company or a legitimate public address company who talks with the insurance company for you at no expense to me and they have weather damage storm dates to present, and I am not sure what else.

Any tips will be appreciate.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2017, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhouse30 View Post
    I am considering making a claim with my insurance company to get help in paying for new windows, roof, gutters concrete steps repaired and metal railing replaced.

It may not be weather related damage.

In your opinion, what company would I have a better chance of getting help with my insurance company or a legitimate public address company who talks with the insurance company for you at no expense to me and they have weather damage storm dates to present, and I am not sure what else.

Any tips will be appreciate.

Sounds like you want to commit insurance fraud.. and you want someone to help you find a way to do it.

If tree falls on your roof or 90 mph winds blow off half your shingles thats covered.

Just because your shingles are old and you want new ones isn't.

Rusty metal railing isn't covered because its old...but would be if your tree fell on it and crushed it.

Home equity loans exist to finance cosmetic upgrades.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2017, 11:20 AM
    Makes no sense to go through your insurance company for non weather related home improvements. I would be looking for financing from a traditional source like a bank. A home equity loan sounds about right if you can afford it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2017, 06:09 PM
    What basis would your claim fall under? Most of the things you mention do not appear to be claim related. And yes, you could be charged with fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
    If the wind blew the gutters off, but no, insurance (at least in America) is not going to pay for new windows, unless the old ones were broken by a storm,

Did a large storm tist the metal railings ?

It sounds like you want to do a fraud, if they were not damaged by something that is covered in your policy, no insurance is going to pay.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2017, 10:33 AM
    Apparently they don't like the OBVIOUS being pointed out because they like dishing out not helpfulls. Because like it or not this is EXACTLY how it would appear to EVERYONE. Including an insurance Adjuster OR a Judge and Jury. Insurance ISN'T there to help you pay for improvements.

Question: Homeowner Insurance Claim{"why": "He said it looks like I want to commit insurance fraud. If I was trying to do that would I spread that for so many to see( I quess maybe some would). Maybe I am uninformed but I am not a criminal.", "source": "Me"}

Jul 21, 2017 06:02 AMrhouse30

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

We had a roof leak 9 months ago and a total re-roofing done then. Our homeowner's insurance covered the water damage in one of our rooms. Recently we had another roof leak in same spot on roof that caused water damage in same room! Our Homeowner's Insurance is going after the roofer to pay for...

Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Does the insurance company penalize for claims filed and paid but homeowner never has work performed?

Homeowner Insurance [ 15 Answers ]

Neighbor occasionally baby sits in her own home. She has homeowners Insurance. I often wonder if the child got hurt under her care, would the insurance cover it. Or is there a separate policy she should get.

HomeOwner's insurance claim [ 4 Answers ]

Mom's property has had no mortgage due on it for a # of years. Recently there was catastrophic damage from water and frozen pipes. Insurance company paid her directly. The question was asked of the insurance company if she has to repair the house or can she sell it. The response was that 'the...

How long can a new homeowner claim. [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious what the Statue of Limitations are for Real Estate in the state of Minnesota. I sold my home 3 years ago, and now the new owner is wanting to take me to court on some faulty wiring. They refused an inspection. The wiring worked fine for the first 3 years. I thought that after 1...

View more questions Search