Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totallylost17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2017, 07:31 AM
    Howdo obtain other emploee's pesonnel files for edivence in West Virginia?
    I need applications from other employee's personnel files for evidence in a grievance case in West Virginia. The HR department has denied any access to these files. Is there a legal way to access these files? I need to show that these people were hired for a position did not qualify for.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2017, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by totallylost17 View Post
    I need applications from other employee's personnel files for evidence in a grievance case in West Virginia. The HR department has denied any access to these files. Is there a legal way to access these files? I need to show that these people were hired for a position did not qualify for.
    Nope.. that is their confidential, personal and HIGHLY private information. Just as yours would be. Does the term "Identity Theft" come to mind as one exceptionally good reason? If someone tried to get mine...they would soon have a lawsuit filed against them.

You might have to explain WHY this matters to you, and why you feel you need it. The employer determines if someone is qualified, or if they are willing to take a chance on them picking up the skills needed. They can always terminate them if they don't or can't. Some people show initiative and the ability to pick things up far better than some others. Employers see that and reward it.

Several of the jobs I've held... I was barely qualified for or technically not specifically qualified for when I got them, I quickly became one of if not the best person in that department. How else does anyone get a job? Because at some point NOBODY is qualified for the job they do in the beginning (especially recent College Graduates with ZERO practical experience in the field). And that applies to Union jobs as well as non-union. For a non-union job, you really have no case at all. I've done it in both types.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 18, 2017, 02:01 PM
    From the sound of your question, your employer is private with no union. As said, the employer decides who is qualified.
    What do you feel determines your expertise in qualifications for a given job anyway?
    Aren't you concerned that this kind of grievance could result in your next review being less than stellar?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2017, 02:02 PM
    1. I need to show that these people were hired for a position did not qualify for.
    2. And you know that by??? Do you feel you were discriminated against?
    3. Was this for a spelling test?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2017, 03:17 PM
    I doubt you can get LEGAL access to anyone's work records, even if you were considering a lawsuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

West Virginia Law on Birth Parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Been searching for some information on legal advice and knowledge about the birth rights of a father that is on the birth cert and his legal right to see and take actions within the child's life. The mother of the child does not allow the father to see or take action within the child's...

Need a good uhf vhf antenna for the West Virginia mountains [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wingard now that used to get 5 or 7 channels hit or miss, lately I have only been getting 2, there are so many antennas claiming to be the best, any suggestions ?

What exactly are the rules/laws on emancipation in West Virginia? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, just wanting to know more about emancipation, cause I do not know much about it. I live in West Virginia, and I just want to know exactly what the rules/laws are on emancipaition. What to do, what you can do, cannot do, what your parents can or cannot do. Just things like that. Any advice...

My grandparents set up a trust in West Virginia. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like some information on trusts. My grandparents set up a trust before they passed away some 22 years ago. I really do not know anything about the trust or how much money and property they had. I have tried to keep out of this part of the family "secret" all these years, but it is...

View more questions Search