Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2017, 02:12 PM
    Trying to conceive
    Im trying to conceive for 8 months now. And I'm having my period regularly. Recenlt I'm reading some testimonies of woman who's having hard time to get pregnant. Most of them use Clomid and luckily they got pregnant. If I will be purchasing this medicine is it not harmful? Can anyone use this without doctors prescription since we can buy it over the counter. Is it safe?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2017, 03:53 PM
    You want to be a mother yet you are willing to risk your baby's health by taking medication without seeing a doctor.

After 8 months it is time for you AND your partner to see a doctor and both be tested for fertility.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2017, 02:46 PM
    The use of Clomid should be monitored by a doctor.....timing, dosage, and duration are tracked. Side effects can occur and, while it is beneficial for some situations, it won't help for others, and may even lower your chances.

As was said, start with a visit to your gynecologist. Often it will be suggested to wait a year of trying (6 months if you are over 35) before basic fertility testing will be done, but your doctor might start sooner. This is because it is not necessarily unusual for it to take that long when actively trying.

Your partner needs to be tested as well, as there are several possible sperm related concerns that can result in reducing the odds of conception.

If you haven't already, learn ways that's can help you determine if and when you are most likely to be ovulating.

Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2017, 06:41 PM
    I want to add that 8 months is nothing. Most healthy couples take up to a year to conceive when they first start trying. I would start by tracking your ovulation, even buying ovulation tracking kits (it's like a pregnancy test, you pee on it and it tells you if you're ovulating) before going the medication route or worrying about your fertility.

My first child was 7 months of trying, my second was 10 months, my third (which we lost), was one night of drunken stupidity. 8 months is not a long time when you're trying to conceive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi it's been 8 month now we are trying to conceive but no luck I have regular cycle period. Apparently this month I feel a lot tired nausea backache and after my ovulation period at least after a week I didn't feel like having sex. My Af is due on 21. My basal temp vary from 96.5 to 97.8 at ovu and...

Hi, Iam 28F we are in plan for children.. last month my periods are frm 2nd Feb, this month till now I did not get periods.. I have taken HCG test on 3rd of this month but result is <0.10 & also had ultrsound test 2 days back but they said nothing is seen. Iam not understanding when to take 1 more...

When did I conceive? [ 1 Answers ]

If I had sex on 3/9/11 and I am now 11 weeks with a due date of dec.4 or 6 and the first day of my last period was 3/1/11... is this the day I conceived?

Ok so, I ovulate on April 6th me and my boyfriend had sex on April 1st and April 3rd. Those two days are one of my most fertile days. My question is could I conceive a child from doing this? I really am trying to conceive. What are the odds? Also I am 20 years old.

I'm trying to conceive. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have been on loestrin 24 fe for about 4-5 months. I just stopped taking the pills. I missed the last two active pills for this month and me and boyfriend had unprotected sex yesterday. I would love to be mom. Also when I was 17 I was treated for chlymidia. Will that...

View more questions Search