Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 17, 2017, 02:06 AM
    Does Science contradict the Bible or support it?
    Is the Bible just a myth? Does Science contradict the Bible or support it? When answering, please keep these two questions in mind.

1) Was the watch you are now wearing created by a Big Bang?
    2) Or was it crafted by a Master Craftsman?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2017, 09:06 AM
    The Bible is NOT a science book. No one should be reading the Bible to get science facts. That's NOT its purpose.

Now, tell me what IS the Bible's purpose.
    -

Jul 17, 2017, 09:10 AM
    According to the Encyclopedia of Scientific Principles, Laws, and Theories, a scientific theory must:

1.Be observable
    2.Be reproducible by controlled experiments
    3.Make accurate predictions

For example, scientists have not been able to provide or produce a single successful experiment as proof that the Big Bang theory is fact. All of their experiments failed which produced a 100% failure rate! Now that is Blind Faith!

The Bible describes the earth as suspended “upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) There is no mention of our planet resting on the shoulders of a giant or on the backs of elephants that stand on a turtle, as some popular myths of ancient times had it. Rather, the Bible leaves the door open to scientific discovery. In time, Nicolaus Copernicus and Johannes Kepler described how the planets move around the sun driven by an invisible force. Isaac Newton later showed how gravitation governs the movement of all objects in space.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2017, 04:06 PM
    I'm not sure how on could duplicate the Big Bang. How would you suggest they do it? Most astronomers believe in the theory based on observed astronomical phenomenon.

The Bible, like almost all religions is a way for man to explain natural events that science, at the time, couldn't. Therefore, since the Bible tries to explain natural events, there isn't necessarily contradictions. Unless you believe in a strict literal interpretation.
    -

Jul 17, 2017, 04:59 PM
    A study of explosions help one to discern that the right components must first exist. An explosion doesn't come from nothing but something to cause the sudden energy burst must have already existed.

Could Life come from an explosion or is there an intelligent designer? The Bible writer David said in prayer to God: “Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; all its parts were written in your book.” (Psalm 139:16)

Also, in order for Life to exist, proteins had to come first, this suggests Intelligent Design. Otherwise Life is simply not possible.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2017, 05:03 PM
    Show me where they have tried and failed to recreate the big bang theory, or stick to quoting your primitives. Since obviously you don't have the knowledge to even extrapolate a theory, you cannot say that the creator didn't set events in motion using a big bang.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2017, 05:23 PM
    Science neither contradicts nor supports the Bible.
    I find modern day Christianity SOOOOOOooooooo depressing, when I run into questions like this.
    Can't you just enjoy the beauty and not try to pick it to pieces to carve a name for yourself?
    -

Jul 17, 2017, 05:37 PM
    MECHANICAL GEARS have long been thought to be solely a product of human ingenuity. That view has been proved wrong! Interlocking gears have been discovered in a living creature—the juvenile Issus leafhopper, found in gardens all over Europe. *
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2017, 03:07 PM
    The bibles purpose is to keep you in submission and paying your taxes to the masters of Judeo-christian supremacist world order of the 13th Tribe of the Grand Wazooki. Judging from your question, they are expecting your check in the mail.
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 12:49 PM
    How Science Affects Your Life? https://www.jw.org/en/publications/m...everyday-life/

Age of the earth and the universe

Scientists estimate that the earth is about 4 billion years old and that the universe was born some 13 to 14 billion years ago. The Bible sets no date for the creation of the universe. In no place does it affirm that the earth is only a few thousand years old. The very first verse in the Bible reads: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) That general statement allows scientists to determine the age of the physical world according to sound scientific principles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bible view of artificial life support [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know the Bible view of placing a family member on artificial life support... not interested in views and rationlizatons of what people have done in their situation. Thank you.

The Bible, age of Earth, and science [ 190 Answers ]

Elements of this have appeared in various posts and threads, so let's see if we can bring them all together. My working hypothesis is that there is no conflict between scientific estimates of the age of Earth and the Bible. Give your thoughts and prepare to defend them with something of...

Science, God & the Bible [ 16 Answers ]

For those who want science to 'prove God' The Bible says god took the unseen things to make the things that are seen Science discovered atoms, molecules, DNA, etc... The Bible talks about underwater currents In the 1800's Matthew Fontaine Maury discovered underwater currents The Bible...

How old? Bible vs. Science [ 23 Answers ]

I was questioning how science could determine that something is hundreds of thousands, millions or even billions of years old. In particular, bones. My thoughts were... Doesn't elements affect the aging process. Like cold, heat, fire, ice, elements in the air and dirt, etc. Cold slows down the...

View more questions Search