Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bestselling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2017, 01:20 AM
    Depression during pregnancy?
    Lately, I've been pretty depressed. Not with the baby, but with my life in general. I'm worrying about everything. My trust issues with my boyfriend (soon to be fiance) have gotten worse, I'm afraid I will be a terrible mother, I don't feel prepared enough (though I've studied a lot and asked a lot of questions), and over all, I'm just really sad. I feel like crying nearly all the time. I'm scared it won't go away and I'll be one of those mothers that snaps when the baby's crying and shake it. I would never want to do that, but I've heard that the pressures of motherhood can get to people. I hate feeling like this. I feel like there's no hope for anything. Is there anything I can do to feel better?
    LINK REMOVED
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2017, 03:10 PM
    You are certainly not alone in how you are feeling! I know, it likely feels that way sometimes.

A few options... talk to your doctor or midwife about how you are feeling. Ask the, or contact local hospital, health center, pregnancy clinic, etc if they can provide information on mothers' groups in your area. Some will be for expectant mothers, some for new mothers. Check online... there are numerous pregnancy due date groups that offer support to each other. You can sometimes narrow it down and find local ones along with ones with women around the world. Many of the women remain in contact well after their babies are born, and some meet up on a regular basis.

Help and support are out there, sometimes you just need to know where to start!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2017, 02:55 PM
    Hi "bestselling"... how have you been doing? Were you able to make any contacts for support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression in Pregnancy - How to offer support [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I hope I can get some real direct advice? My partner is pregnant and in her first trimester, she has 3 children already with the youngest being 6. I had noticed my partner becoming irritable and snappy over the past couple of days. I said I had noticed she was upset recently where she...

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

Is it depression [ 12 Answers ]

What are the symptoms and how do you know if you have it and how severe it is.

Anti depression medication and pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I know a girl who was taking an anti depression drugs. She took it during the first trimester of her pregnancy. And from what I heard her doctor told her that there's a good chance that her baby might be physically harm and definitely will have mental retardation. That is just a rumour but I want...

View more questions Search