Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zinny407 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:47 AM
    Could I be or was I pregnant?
    HI I am a new member and here's my questionI had a period on the 9th of June 2017,my periods are irregular so it is hard to know when the next is due. On June 25th to 28th my partner and I had unprotected sex and a week after I started experiencing cramping in lower abdomen. On 11th July 2017 I startd to spot light pink(wore panty liner whole day), then on 12th July I had heavy period (watery bright red) with 1or2 little clots and had bad cramping for about an hour and felt like vomitting. It happened on the 13th also but no cramping and I wore a pad both days changed 2-3 times a day. On 14th July I spotted light pink to brownish discharge (wore panty liner) and that was the end of what I think was my period. I had nothing on the 15th. My period has always lasted 5 days, bleeding from day 1till day 5 and normally have a lot of clots and cramping for about two days. My partner and I are trying for a baby? Has anyone gone though this and found out thy were pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2017, 06:48 PM
    Hi, and welcome! With irregular cycles, some "normal" pregnancy signs won't always be as reliable. An early loss, an off period, or pregnancy are all possibilities.

Periods can be off, or unusual, for a number of reasons. Generally, bleeding like a period, even when it doesn't follow your norm, is not a sign of pregnancy.

However, since some women do experience unusual bleeding, particularly in early pregnancy, and since your cycles are irregular, you could always try a pregnancy test, or wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. If no period, or you feel other possible signs of pregnancy, you could test then.

Pregnancy tests are inexpensive. Since you are trying to conceive, and your cycles are irregular, you could try a pregnancy test each month if it gives you peace of mind. Keeping in mind that it may happen soon after you start trying, or it may take several months of trying. Most couples will become pregnant within a year of actively trying, although some with take even longer.

A preconception visit to your gynecologist may be helpful as well. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search