Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa122875 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 12:19 AM
    My question isn't like any of these!
    :confused: I have a 9 year old daughter that has started her period for the first time. I am nowhere near prepared for this. I have searched the net many times tonight, but can't find the answer I am looking for. She dosen't have any body hair in the places she should but still yet the doctor says she has started. I took her to the hospital because I thought she had a bladder infection. That is how unprepared for this I was. My question to anyone who can help is, can a child this young, with no warning signs, start? Thank you in advance. :o
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2005, 07:41 AM
    Period
    Hi,
    After a lot of research on the web, using Google, it seems it is not uncommon to begin with 11 yr olds... even sometimes a year or two before that.
    Since you seem a little skeptical about the doctors diagnoses, I really suggest you make an appointment with another doctor, to get a second opinion. Tell that doctor what the first one said, and get their opinion.

The first doctor is probably right, but it would really give you a "piece of mind" getting another opinion.

I wish you the best, and I'm sure you can handle the situation.
    fredg
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Mar 29, 2005, 08:03 PM
    Relax your mind
    Relax, deep breathe, come to grisp with what is really plaguing you... the thought that your little girl, is not so little anymore. First signs of puberty puts mother on alarm... the talk... must happen. A thought we would like earnestly to wish away; however, one we can not avoid. To educate our daughters, empowers them to make correct choices. Increase her outlook concerning self worth, self-respect. Teach her the value of remaining chaste and keeping her virtue pure. It is better to educate her now, speaking in terms she can understand, than to have her discover by experience. Relax, do not fear or fret, for I have learned the very thing you fear will happen, thus prepare yourself to impart healthy, life-sustaining wisdom unto your daughter.
    melissa122875 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 11:17 PM
    Thank you
    I would like to take the time to thank all that has helped. I have come to gripps whit what has happened and I am starting to let her grow up a little. It is hard and I understand that life as a mother with a daughter is not easy and probably never will be. I was that age once myself and the things I did not know led me to get Pregnant at the age of 16 so I'm trying to let her know everything there is to know about the birds and the bees as easily as I can so she knows what happends and the life long hardship that comes with having kids before you are ready. Once again thank you to all that took the time to lead me into this without freaking out too much.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2005, 11:52 PM
    Sounds like your daughter has been affected by all the hormones including the antibiotics that are given to all the cows so when babies are given cows milk to drink they are being overdosed with hormones which when older can lead to development of breasts and now with your little girl starting her period so early. Also soy has a great effect on the body a lot of it bad for you. Stop using/eating/drinkin soy and buy hormone, pesticide, antibiotic free milk. Stonyfield Farm produces the hormone free milk. I noticed a big difference in myself after not drinking anymore contaminated milk nor do I eat or consume soy at all. Do a search on Google-type in: dangers of soy, or toxins in soy and you will get over 35,000 sites. Also do the same with the cows milk. Knowledge is power and the more you have the better you can help yourself and others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search