Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blsanders516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 AM
    Glacier Bay Flapperles toilet - bucket fills but toilet empties
    We have a Glacier Bay Flapper-less toilet - the kind with the bucket inside the tank that fills up and dumps the water in the tank when you flush. When you flush, the toilet fills with water and surpasses the normal level so much that you think it is going to overflow but then it drains slowly until the bowl is almost completely empty.

The flush valve has been replaced but did not fix the issue. Any ideas?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 15, 2017, 06:39 AM
    By your description, it sounds like the toilet has a partial blockage in it. Try plunging aggressively when the water is high in the bowl. If that doesn't fix the issue, go out and purchase a CLOSET AUGER tool... see youtube video on how to use:

If using the closet auger fails to fix the problem after numerous attempts, that would suggest that there is an object in the toilet bowl and the toilet will have to be lifted off the toilet flange so you can turn the toilet upside down and remove the object.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I purchased a glacier bay toilet,toilet seat keeps coming off & now it's broken [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a glacier bay toilet from home depot, they seat kept coming off and we kept reattaching it, but now it is totally broken and can't be reattached. Any idea how to contact glacier bay to figure a way to fix this problem with the toilet seat? Patti

Toilet bowl empties [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toilet in the basement, with a shower and sink also. S and S work fine but recently when I flushed the toilet the tank and the bowl fill and then the bowl drains away. There is a laundry tub next to this bathroom but I have never seen this before. Any suggestions on what I should try?

Toilet empties when different toilet flushed [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a confusing problem.I just installed a new toilet in place of an existing one. The promblem is when I flush the new toto toilet, my other toilet bowl almost completely empties.. The 2 toilets are basically back to back, and use the same vent pipe through the roof.(3 inch copper).No pipes...

Toilet empties when showering [ 5 Answers ]

We have a septic tank. Our house about 35 yrs old. I've noticed the past couple days our toilet in out master bath has been mysteriously empty when I go in the room. We have 2 bathrooms, back to back. Today I took a shower in that bathroom and heard "bubbles" and noticed the toilet water level...

Toilet bowl empties itself [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Just discovered your site and here's my puzzle to start! Been in this house 6 months. its @20-25 yrs old on city sewer system, 3 bathrooms (1 in the basement). This problem started after a weekend with lots of family here. The master bathroom toilet bowl empties the water within @5 minutes of...

View more questions Search