Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Jul 13, 2017, 05:43 PM
    Why won't my Sewing Machine's needle move?
    I debated whether to post this in Crafts or Electronics. I hope I made the right decision.

I bought a sewing machine a couple of years ago. I went to one lesson and then got busy with school and then the lessons were no longer offered (they were free at the library)

Years pass and I figured I would try it out. Let me tell you I had hell of a time. Long story short about 3 hours later I rewatched a video and noticed ONE thing that I MIGHT have been doing wrong. So I started again and it wasn't working out. Again. And then my needle just refused to work. I took out the fabric and all the thread and it just won't go up and down. The knob doesn't work either.

Eventually, I got the hand knob to work, but there definitely is resistance and I don'
    T want to make it worse.

Any ideas? I did a quick Google search and I read that it could be "lint" which I take as pieces of thread in the system.

This is practically a brand new machine and I really don't want to put money into repairs
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2017, 05:48 PM
    Stake out the bobbin to check for a thread back up and re-thread
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Jul 13, 2017, 05:51 PM
    I did that as well. I can't find any sign of any thread. I don't have a screwdriver short enough to take out one of the two screws as the moment and so if there is more thread under there somewhere, I don't know. But if people think that is most likely the prob, then I will go out and get a screwdriver tomorrow. I am just nervous about taking it apart but it will probably be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1920's sewing machine made by "The Domestic Sewing Machine Co.". [ 2 Answers ]

This machine appears to be complete (w/bobbin, bobbin case & a decent looking electrical cord). It is in a handsome & unusual sewing table. I am looking for a threading guide & sale value.

Free Sewing Machine No. 5 - How to remove the actual sewing machine [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to refinish a Free No. 5 sewing machine that is in incredibly bad shape. It will take 10s of hours but will be a gem when done. Does anyone know how to physically remove the actual sewing machine so that I can easily dismantle everything else for refinishing. Thank you. Gary

AB466320 sewing machine is a vintage or antique singer sewing machine [ 0 Answers ]

how could we identify an antique or vintage sewing machine?

Need information on queen sewing machine made by Illinois sewing company [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Queen treadle machine. Manual says it is made by Illinois Sewing Machine Company. I need needles. Can not find a needle size or model number. Where do I get information?

Sewing Machine Needle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the length of a Boye # 4 sewing machine needle? Also the length of a Boye # 14 needle, and where to buy them.

View more questions Search