Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Feb 12, 2019, 01:38 PM
    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be in error.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2019, 02:51 PM
    I am a very observant Christian who believes in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. I am also a Trinitarian. No errors? Where did women come from?

Gen 1 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
    OR--Gen 2 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2019, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be in error.
    How could there be light before the sun was created? Gen. 1:3

Feb 13, 2019, 02:45 PM
    Topic: "How can we believe in the truth of histories".
    What else do we have, if not over six thousand years of Human struggle?
    There is nothing new under the Sun, it has all been done before.

Quote:
    The Bible is NOT a history book.
    End quote.

Other books can't even come close to the GREATEST BOOK ever written......the Bible. There are reasons why it is the most published, the most copied, the most translated, the most distributed, the most studied, the most critiqued, etc.

The Bible isn't a technological know-how textbook, yet whilst it touches on scientific concerns, it somewhat is precise.. It even is composed of concepts that grew to become right into a ways purely before its time. as an occasion, the e book of Leviticus contained rules for historic Israel on quarantine and hygiene whilst surrounding international locations knew no longer something approximately such concerns. At a time whilst there have been p. 21wrong innovations with regard to the form of the earth, the Bible pronounced it as a circle, or sphere. (Isaiah 40:22) The Bible properly pronounced that the earth ‘hangs on no longer something.’ (interest 26:7)

There are over 5000 cataloged ancient finding of the bible. New and old test. ALL the same as today. Many in different languages.
    We have much of the book of John dating 90 ad-same as today from private collectors. We also have the dead sea scrolls with most of the Old test-same as today dating before 100 ad.
    The bible is VERY accurate.
    If God is real, and I think he is, He's big and can preserve his book.

Have earlier writing been changed? How many copies of ancient manuscript do we have that no one questions?

Caesar-written 100-44 B.C. Earliest copy- 900 A.D. Time span-1,000 yrs, number of manuscripts- 10
    Plato-written 427-347 B.C .Earliest copy- 900 A.D. Time span-1,200 yrs, number of manuscripts- 7
    Thucydides-written 460-400 B.C. Earliest copy-900 A.D. Time span-1,300 yrs, number of manuscripts- 8
    Tacitus-written 100 A.D. Earliest copy- 1100 A.D. Time span-1,000 yrs, number of manuscripts- 20
    Suetonius-written 75-160 A.D. Earliest copy- 950 A.D. Time span-800 yrs, Number of manuscripts- 8
    Homer (Iliad)-written 900 B.C .Earliest copy-400 B.C. Time span-500 yrs, number of manuscripts- 643
    New Testament-written 40-100 A.D. Earliest copy-125 A.D. Time span-25-50 yrs, number of manuscripts- 24,000
    Man-made historical documents often contain purposeful errors, because rulers didn't like to tell the truth about their faults or their failures...military & otherwise.

On the other hand,, God's Word 'tells all', including the serious flaws & mistakes of God's chosen servants such as Moses, Saul, David, And, Solomon. It is historically accurate 'to a T', even ahead of archeological finds which prove its accuracy!

"...The historical accuracy of the Bible was once widely doubted. Critics, for example, questioned the existence of such Bible characters as King Sargon of Assyria, Belshazzar of Babylon, and the Roman governor Pontius Pilate. But recent discoveries have verified one Bible account after another. Thus historian Moshe Pearlman wrote: 'Suddenly, sceptics who had doubted the authenticity even of the historical parts of the Old Testament began to revise their views.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2019, 10:20 AM
    It is historically accurate 'to a T '
    And Noah went to the Arctic to get Polar bears and to the American Southwest to get Diamond back rattlesnakes and Australia for Kangaroos etc. etc. PS you still haven't addresses my earlier post about the 2 different stories of how woman got here.

Feb 14, 2019, 11:19 AM
    First, it is necessary to note that Noah was not told to gather the animals. He was commanded only to build the Ark, large enough for all the animals, and simply receive the animals when they arrived. "And of every living thing of all flesh, . . . two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive".
    Genesis 6:19-20

Your earlier post;
    Gen 1 So God created mankind in his own image...

It's one and the same.

Feb 15, 2019, 12:00 PM
    @Wondergirl

"How could there be light before the sun was created? Gen. 1:3"

In our experience, light needs a source, but this source does not have to be the sun, moon or stars. Other sources are fire, lightning, electric light globes, fluorescent tubes, luminous insects such as glow-worms and fireflies, etc. In the Bible, we also find many examples of light without the sun, but originating from a
    supernatural
    source. Most of these are associated with the glory of God, which in the Bible is usually manifested as light, although sometimes as fire. This is not surprising, as the Bible tells us that God is light
    1 John 1:5John 8:12
    and also that God is a consuming fire
    Deuteronomy 4:24Hebrews 12:29

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2019, 12:41 PM
    @Wondergirl

"How could there be light before the sun was created? Gen. 1:3"

In our experience, light needs a source, but this source does not have to be the sun, moon or stars. Other sources are fire, lightning, electric light globes, fluorescent tubes, luminous insects such as glow-worms and fireflies, etc. In the Bible, we also find many examples of light without the sun, but originating from a
    supernatural
    source. Most of these are associated with the glory of God, which in the Bible is usually manifested as light, although sometimes as fire. This is not surprising, as the Bible tells us that God is light
    1 John 1:5John 8:12
    and also that God is a consuming fire
    Deuteronomy 4:24Hebrews 12:29

So this is your explanation for "light" on the first day? Why would He have to say "Let there be light" if He, as light, was always there?

Feb 15, 2019, 01:43 PM
    Quote: "So this is your explanation for "light" on the first day?"- End Quote.

No, it is in response; "
    How could there be light before the sun was created?"

Quote; "Why would He have to say "Let there be light" if He, as light, was always there?"

God (Jesus-the 'living' word) creates with his spoken word. when he speaks - things happen
    No one knows what language he spoke - but the light heard and understood him.
    "Let" has more than one meaning. #5 or #6 are the relevant definitions, esp. #5, God made the light.

5. to cause to; make: to let one know the truth.
    6. (used in the imperative as an auxiliary expressive of a request, command, warning, suggestion, etc.): Let me see. Let us go. Just let them try it!

This is a bit off topic
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2019, 02:33 PM
    And in the Garden of Eden, man lived with the Dinosaurs. Or at least some "all knowing prophets" tell us.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2019, 03:02 PM
    Quote: "So this is your explanation for "light" on the first day?"- End Quote.

No, it is in response; "
    How could there be light before the sun was created?"

Quote; "Why would He have to say "Let there be light" if He, as light, was always there?"

God (Jesus-the 'living' word) creates with his spoken word. when he speaks - things happen
    No one knows what language he spoke - but the light heard and understood him.
    "Let" has more than one meaning. #5 or #6 are the relevant definitions, esp. #5, God made the light.

5. to cause to; make: to let one know the truth.
    6. (used in the imperative as an auxiliary expressive of a request, command, warning, suggestion, etc.): Let me see. Let us go. Just let them try it!

This is a bit off topic
    The light or Sun was here before humans, and the human explanation otherwise was them reconciling that fact. Dumb humans making stuff up to explain their ignorance. Much is lost in translation and explanation but the good news is you can believe whatever make you feel better. Just don't get mad if I don't sign onto what YOU believe.

I can see where ANCIENT humans would worship the light, or Sun in plain language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Religious Affiliation to No Religious Association [ 17 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there are people here who have chosen to leave a certain religious community and did not replace it with another...like going from Christianity to atheism for example... If so, what was it like to tell your family? Did they push you away, try to change you, or accept...

Functional-based and activity based costing [ 3 Answers ]

Criado, My assignment for this week is way above my head, the textbook is not of much help and I need some guidance as I go along. Below is the assignment. I hope you can help me. pmonica Trinity Clinic has identified three activities for daily maternity care: occupancy and feeding, nursing...

Painting Cabinets - Oil based or Water based? [ 1 Answers ]

Going to be painting my oak kitchen cabinets white. I heard that oil based paint would be best, but don't want to deal with the extra mess. Is there anything wrong with using a good acrylic enamel?

Religious Education [ 35 Answers ]

Just a thought... What do members think of Religious Education in their respective countries. My apologies for any offence this may create. I am a total atheist, I cannot bring myself to believe in an omnipotent being, but that's who I am. I am all for religious tolerance and feel that if...

View more questions Search