Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikki5491 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 04:30 PM
    4 negative pregnancy tests but still no period
    My period was due on April 10th and on that day I took a test and it was negative.since then I've taken 3 more and they all were negative but I'm having no symptoms for my period to come which I usually do and I'm having the symptoms of being pregnant me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about 4 months now and I'm usually 2-3 days late for my period but not a week. I'm just wondering if I could be actually pregnant. I really need some advice.
    Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    It could be stress that is holding your period back. But to be sure you really should make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test.

You do not state your age or method of birth control (other than condoms), if any. These are all important factors.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Apr 16, 2007, 05:45 PM
    J_9 hit the nail on the head. My wife went through the same thing. It was stress realated. The strange thing is that every other year after that her peirod would just disappear for a month, the same month. I have not really investegated to see if the stress is related to a specific event, but it was definitely related to stress Please rate this answer if ti was helpful

Apr 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
    I am 16 years old and I have thought about birth control but I've heard there are risks when taking "the pill"
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Apr 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Of course there are risks of taking any kind of medication, but I would think that those risks would outweight the risk of becoming pregnant at 16. I know that most teenagers' concerns of taking birth control is weight gain. If you were to gain weight it would be around the 2-5 pound mark. I think that if you were to get pregnant you would realize that the weight gain would be significantly more. Anyway, sometimes a hpt won't show positive until 10 days after missing your period, or more. You should go see your doctor and have a blood test done. It could very well be stress related, and for your sake I hope that is the case. Get to your doctor's, find out if you are or are not pregnant, and if you are not get put on birth control right away! And remember that during the first month of being on because you should still be using other contraceptives. You should be using a condom every time you have intercourse, anyway. You are only 16! I know what it is like to be that age, but you don't have to have sex. That is the best way to get pregnant, even if on because. Good luck.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Never say never when it comes to your period. Your hormones are always changing (esp at this young age) and if your period is late, it could be perfectly normal, its just not happened like that before. One week isn't incredibly late. I once went for 2 months without a period, and it started right up like normal again. Stress, diet, age, life style changes, etc. they all play roles in how your hormones act and react, and the consistency of your period. That being said, you should definitely go see your doctor if you don't get your period in another week, or two. Esp. since you are having unprotected sex. Birth control (if chosen wisely, and used wisely) is the best way to go. I would suggest getting on the pill. Even if you Don't get that kind of birth control because you just don't want to chance the POSSIBLE side effects, there is ALWAYS condoms. And condoms don't have side effects, so I'm afraid there's no excuse on that one. Be wise about your actions, and don't do things you might come to regret later. You still have many years ahead of you to be a young girl, unburdened with responsibilities besides homework and the typical high school dramas. Enjoy your youth, and get pregnant when you are ready, emotionally and financially and physically.

Apr 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Thank you all for your advice I appricate it. And I do plan on getting on birth control if I'm not pregnant.
    overweightelf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
    My wife is 2-3 months late and the tests still show negative. Showing signs of pregnency too, don't know what's really going on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Negative blood and urine pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 29 been trying to get pregnant for months... My last period is now almost 10wks ago.(70days) I have been to the doctor several times and several tests have been done... All pregnancy tests come back negative... my progesterone was also low, so doctor said I probably never ovulated... Why? ...

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

Missed period bt negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 21 and have had regualr period now for years, me and my boyfriend have unprotective sex due to trying to have a baby. I should have come on 4th feb but I have not seen any sign of my period yet. I have all the symptoms such as missed period, tender and enlarged breasts, nausea, weight gain and...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

My period is late but negative tests! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I am 25 and trying to get pregnant have not stressed about it at all. This month is so weird though Ihad my period on the 24 of January with spotting 4 days before. My cycle is always 31-36 days long and I am on day 37 but my period was supposed to be on the 26 of February. I use...

View more questions Search