Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 12:07 PM
    The Trinity~~~Can it be trusted as a Bible Teaching?
    Is the trinity a Bible teaching or was it invented by man?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 11, 2017, 12:12 PM
    >Moved to Discussion Board<
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 02:18 PM
    Do you really want to know what others believe and have a discussion, or do you just want to preach what you believe and post links to coorborate your beliefs?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 02:22 PM
    Plus, we already danced to this tune here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...me-833136.html
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 02:24 PM
    Sure. Tell what your opinion is...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    Sure. Tell what your opinion is...
    Ha, ha. "Opinion."
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 02:40 PM
    How about you tell us your opinion first, and we'll go from there.
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 02:51 PM
    I couldn't find the trinity doctrine in the Bible. The doctrine is in various church doctrines and they are many variations of it. I noticed people in the same church often differ from one another, but none could point to a single scripture that contained the doctrine they believe in... mostly, most pointed to their church doctrine rather than the Bible... for their beliefs.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 03:10 PM
    Genesis 1:26 (NIV)

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness...."

2 Corinthians 13:14(NIV)

14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2017, 03:29 PM
    I couldn't find the trinity doctrine in the Bible. .
    There are numerous Bible references that Christians point to in support of their belief. For someone so Bible-oriented, I find it hard to believe you are unaware of them. You may not believe them, but you are surely aware of them.

For starters, Wondergirl has posted one.
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 07:00 PM
    So where is the scripture that explains the trinity doctrine of three separate persons making up one God?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 07:19 PM
    So where is the scripture that explains the trinity doctrine of three separate persons making up one God?
    Are you a literalist?

Please Google.
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 07:52 PM
    How about we stick to Scripture? Here's a scripture that is contradictory against the trinity which is not found in scripture.

"For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”  there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him." (1 Corinthians 8:5)

One God the Father
    One Lord Jesus Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BZdAMl8mE
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2017, 09:29 AM
    How about we stick to Scripture? Here's a scripture that is contradictory against the trinity which is not found in scripture.

"For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”  there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him." (1 Corinthians 8:5)

One God the Father
    One Lord Jesus Christ
    I totally agree, One God, One Lord, One Spirit. Do you understand what the Trinity is? I'm guessing you don't.
    -

Jul 12, 2017, 10:06 AM
    I'm in agreement with the scripture but not with the man-made doctrine. Matter of fact the scripture for salvation is rather simple. When I go to a door I share this scripture. Most slam the door in my face with a few cuss words, all the time claiming to be Christians. But would a true Christian act in such a distasteful manner? Apply (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

"For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)

Christians follow Christ and his teachings.
    Trinitarians follow the trinity and its' teachings.

"No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other." (Matthew 6:24) This is known as a Bible Principle. A statement of truth that doesn't change with the passing of time or circumstance. You can apply this Bible Principle to money, a job, or man-made traditions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2017, 10:18 AM
    I'm in agreement with the scripture but not with the man-made doctrine.
    And that doctrine is what?
    -

Jul 12, 2017, 11:11 AM
    Revert back to the question on the Forum. Is it or not? For example many trinitarians try to use Jesus own words to support the trinity. "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) Trinitarians are literalists claiming this is Literal. The trinity dogma doesn't state that at all. OK... if it's literal then let's apply it the trinity. According to the trinity, three separate persons make up one God. It's like a three legged stool. If Jesus and his Father are one, you just took one leg away and a tumbling down comes the trinity, the stool can't stand.

So is Jesus speaking literally or figurative? "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) IF a couple gets married, the two become One Flesh. Literal or FIGURATIVE?

When speaking to his Father in prayer, Jesus included his followers with the same language. "I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one." (John 17:3) Again, literal or figurative?

A football team can act as one, can they not? Act one in PURPOSE, it's not LITERAL...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2017, 11:27 AM
    Now, please answer my question: What do YOU think is the doctrine of the Trinity?
    -

Jul 12, 2017, 02:26 PM
    You seem to be more of a Modalist than a trinitarian. Even though Baptists proclaim to be trinitarians they tend to push Sabellianism, modalism, modalistic monarchianism, or modal monarchism.

God is like an egg, three parts or God is like water, three modes. None of these teachings are Biblical. God has different natures, blah, blah blah... None are scriptural and give a false witness. Basically, the trinity concept is (three in one) which again is Absent from scripture. The Jews did not worship a three in one God, the prophets of old never worshipped a three in one God, nor did Jesus worship a three in one God. Some even claim three Heads or three Almighty Gods.

The trinity doctrine opposes the teachings of Jesus Christ. None of them state that God is a Spirit, but Jesus does. (John 4:24)

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teaching...tions/trinity/

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/m...-is-a-trinity/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2017, 02:46 PM
    You seem to be more of a Modalist than a trinitarian. Even though Baptists proclaim to be trinitarians they tend to push Sabellianism, modalism, modalistic monarchianism, or modal monarchism.

God is like an egg, three parts or God is like water, three modes. None of these teachings are Biblical. God has different natures, blah, blah blah... None are scriptural and give a false witness. Basically, the trinity concept is (three in one) which again is Absent from scripture. The Jews did not worship a three in one God, the prophets of old never worshipped a three in one God, nor did Jesus worship a three in one God. Some even claim three Heads or three Almighty Gods.

The trinity doctrine opposes the teachings of Jesus Christ. None of them state that God is a Spirit, but Jesus does. (John 4:24)
    Please don't preach at me or tell me what I believe. And please answer my question: What is YOUR definition of the Trinity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trinity and Son of God [ 106 Answers ]

Understanding Trinity had been a challenge for ages and now I have come to the conclusion that comprehension of Trinity surpasses human understanding. However my understanding about Trinty tells me the Jesus is the physical entity of Lord Almighty. Lord God is spirit and HE sends His spirit as Holy...

The Trinity in the Bible [ 120 Answers ]

One person in another thread was questioning the trinity, so I am starting a new thread here to discuss that topic. Let's start with this. Who are the three persons mentioned in this passage: Isa 48:16-17 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From...

The Trinity [ 31 Answers ]

I have a pretty clear understanding of the Trinity according to my churches teaching. Please explain your churches understanding of the trinity and how they work together? I do not want arguments on who is right or wrong, just an explanation that a laymen like me can understand. Thanks.

Do you believe in the Trinity? Why or why not? [ 43 Answers ]

Please provide your evidence for or against the doctrine of the Trinity.

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

View more questions Search