Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackisus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2017, 09:44 AM
    5 day to move after 2nd offense for same violation in 6 months
    Hi, been a landlord for a long time, have served many 3-day pay or quits, but now want someone out very fast! I would like to know the mechanics of the 5 day to move process. When it is delivered, either in person or mailed by certificate of mailing, does the tenant have the right to answer to this or are they automatically required to get out? And if they do not move, what step is required next... a court order? I am familiar with the complete eviction process, have done 3 of them, but never with the 5 day process. Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2017, 10:16 AM
    To save time... what State would this be in... as tenant laws vary by state ( and even by city to a certain extent).
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2017, 12:24 PM
    As Smoothy noted, varies by location. We can't tell you since we don't know your specific location. I would suggest checking with your local courts.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2017, 04:43 PM
    As noted, your general location is important as laws vary. However, in my experience, a notice to vacate is basically a request. It does not have the force of law. It is simply the prelude to obtaining an eviction order from a court. The hope is the tenant would prefer to vacate rather then risk a court action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd offense gun violation federal [ 2 Answers ]

If you a federal sentence of five years and committed another crime with a firearm what is the statute dictate as sentencing guidelinex

Violation First Offense [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend violated his probation, and was picked up last week, for 3 new charges, which were failure to comply, simple possession of marijuana, and driving under suspension. He was not attending his classes and he did not pay. I'm not sure how this will turn out but they did set his probation...

Probation Violation, First Offense [ 6 Answers ]

I was arrestred on a domestic abuse causing bodily injury charge a few months back in Iowa and I was arrested a couple of weeks ago for a indecent exposure charge. I am on probation currently and I have been attending my classes and haven't done anything wrong since I was put on it. Do you think I...

Probation violation 1st offense [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond...

Violation of Probation for DUI 2nd offense [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all~ My ex-boyfriend currently violated his probation regarding his 2nd DUI and spent 30 days in jail. The terms of his probation when he had his hearing on 04/25/07 was not to drink and was scheduled to go into a two week rehab facility. I was not with him, so his story I am guessing is...

View more questions Search