Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grtflangel27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2017, 07:40 AM
    Mobile Hotspot vs regular cable internet
    My 70 year old mom (who knows nothing about internet) went into the AT&T store the other day. She previously had dish (satellite) internet which is awful and expensive and was interested in getting a package deal, att internet and TV. She came home with a mobile hotspot at&t sells: https://www.att.com/devices/att/unite-explore.html#sku=sku7870787 . I honestly don't know anything about them except for their convenience when traveling and know they work great for that, but not as a replacement for regular internet that will be running her TV, computer, printer, and IPAD. She is also paying the same amount for it as regular at&t internet would cost at her home and I'm positive she is getting less internet. I believe there is a cap of 10GB, whereas their cable internet is 1TB. Anyone know anything about this, they talked her into thinking this is the best thing in the world and I just don't believe that is accurate and feel like they took advantage of her.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2017, 08:55 AM
    Landline is always faster and cheaper than wireless. Unless you need and use the wireless frequently away from your home.

Wireless has capacity limits and costs the carriers significantly more, and that cost gets passed along.

I'm used to having NO cap on my home internet...
    Shwethapatel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2017, 03:10 AM
    I would recommend regular cable internet is better then mobile Hotspot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable install on mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

Can you bury the ground wire 4 feet out to the power meter on a trailer? I mean if oyu place the ground block under the trailer then run the ground out to the meter and bury it?

Connecting VCR, Cable Box, DVD, and Cable Internet [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect cable wires to the cable box, broadband cable internet, a VCR, and a DVD player and still be able to watch a movie on VCR but also be able to record what's on TV with the VCR.

Splicing mobile home entrance cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have just moved a mobile home with 200 amp service panel in the house. The existing 4 wire entrance wire was cut with about 15 ' of entrance cable available under the trailer. I need to add 25' to get to the 200amp breaker box on the pole. Is there a way to splice this entrance cable to avoid...

Cable Internet and TV [ 5 Answers ]

Just curious... If I sign up for Cable Internet only, can I still just plug the Coax into my TV and get Cable channels too? z.

View more questions Search