Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    william baker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2017, 06:49 AM
    Played tug of war with dog a week ago. Elbow was in pain next day. Stillhurts when I
    Experienced elbow pain the day after I played rough tug of war with dog. This happened a week ago, but elbow still hurts when I use it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 8, 2017, 11:19 AM
    Elbows are easy to hurt, and they usually recover without medical help.
    Get some OTC pain reliever like ibuprofin, some cream pain reliever like Icy Hot or Bengay, keep the elbow both rested but also moving gently frequently. When you sleep, try not to lie on it. Drape that arm over an extra big pillow. See if you can gently massage it while moving it. GENTLY.
    If there is no redness or swelling, let it go another week.

The trouble with elbows for a doctor is that there are muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, blood vessels, and bone. Unless the bone chipped, nothing will show on X ray. So mostly you are the doctor. Use your good judgment after another week. Even a bone chip isn't operated on. You might get a sling. You can make or buy a sling. A tear of a muscle/tendon/ligament usually hurts the most, and again, that takes time. If it's a worse tear than usual, time will tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain In Elbow [ 2 Answers ]

I fell about a week ago bringing in my dog and since then my elbow has been hurting. It seems to lock when bent, I have severe pain when I try to push or pull or lift something. I have trouble lifting and trying to hold on to something .. like I have know strength.

Pain in elbow [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my elbo. I have a numbness down my left arm and into my left pinky finger. What to do?

Pain in outside of elbow all the way up and down arm [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed the outside of my elbow hurt when ever I lift or hold something. It is my left side which I sleep on and do everything with my left arm. The most concerning is I feel it in my wrist and underneath my armpit. I felt under my arm pit and I don't feel a lump. Could the pain in my elbow be...

View more questions Search