Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lena1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2017, 02:42 PM
    Air-e-tainer
    We have a large amount of sediment in our well. The tank will not take on water. Can the tank be removed and flushed to remove sediment?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2017, 04:52 PM
    I assume the tank is in your house... like everyone I've seen. They should have a drain and should be drained yearly.

But I am thinking your problem is elsewhere in the system.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2017, 07:02 PM
    You can remove the tank and flush it, but if it's that full of sediment, then you have a real problem. Likely a problem in the well itself. The well should have a screen liner that prevents sediment from entering. How old is the well?

BTW, how do you know the tank is not taking on water? Do you still have pressure?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air-e-tainer at244 model pressure tank installation diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I have an air-e-tainer AT244 and I am having trouble finding a diagram on how to hook it up and what wiring I should use. This stuff did not come with my tank. Please help me. Does anyone know where I can find this? The place I bought it is not very helpful once they got their money. ...

Air E Tainer Well Tank [ 7 Answers ]

My water pressure is low and variable. My tank pressure sits at 32 psi and doesn't move much during cycle. It may go up to 33-34 psi. Any suggestions on the proble?

Air e tainer [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All My water pressure tank is an Air E Tainer AT244, installed in 2002. Lately I have noticed that quickly after the tank is filled by the pump, the water pressure at the faucets drops noticeably (to the point that the shower output is pretty weak). Is it ever necessary to "re-pressurize"...

View more questions Search