Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxsc Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2017, 11:00 AM
    How to send email from gmail to a list without them knowing
    So let's say I have a list of 100 emails, and I want to send one text to all of them but I don't want them to know that I've sent the same thing to other people, I want them to think its only for them.
    How can I do such thing via my Gmail?
    It IS NOT SPAM.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2017, 11:05 AM
    Use the "bcc:" feature.

Jul 6, 2017, 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the answer, but when I use bcc I still get the full list of all the recipients!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2017, 11:34 AM
    BCC is BLIND carbo copy, vs CC which is Carbon copy... BCC should not reveal that.. they are different fields. Are you sure you aren't confusing the two?

In e-mail terminology, Cc stands for "carbon copy" and Bcc stands for "Blind carbon copy". The difference between Cc and Bcc is that carbon copy (CC) recipients are visible to all other recipients whereas those who are BCCed are not visible to anyone.
    To specify the recipients, an e-mail message can contain addresses in any of the 3 following fields:

• To: field recipients are the audience of the message
    • CC: field recipients are others whom the author wishes to publicly inform of the message (carbon copy)
    • BCC: field recipients are those being discreetly or surreptitiously informed of the communication and cannot be seen by any of the other addressees.

It is common practice to use the BCC: field when addressing a very long list of recipients, or a list of recipients that should not (necessarily) know each other, e.g. in mailing lists.
    Comparison chart

Bcc Cc
    Sight -Receiver cannot see Bcc -Receiver can see Cc
    Replying -Bcc's cannot see the receiver's reply -Cc's cannot see the receiver's reply

Example of CC vs BCC

To: Kurt Cobain
    Cc: Bob Dylan; Jim Morrison
    Bcc: Mark Knopfler; Paul McCartney
    In the above example, all recipients of the email (including Mark Knopfler and Paul McCartney) will see the following email header information when they receive the email:
    To: Kurt Cobain
    Cc: Bob Dylan; Jim Morrison

This means that none of the recipients will know who the Bcc recipients are. Each of the BCCed recipients will, of course, realize that they were on BCC but they will not know who else was on BCC

Shamelessly lifted from Bcc vs Cc - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Jul 6, 2017, 12:59 PM
    Thanks for such great and detailed info.
    Positive, when I use bcc, and click on the details, everything is showed to me.

But perhaps that's because I use my own emails ?
    I use 1 to send a test mail to 3 other mails.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2017, 03:31 AM
    Of course YOU see who you sent to, but the recipient only sees themselves. When I send such an e-mail I send the e-mail to myself and then BCC the rest of the recipients.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Send direct password link to recover gmail [ 0 Answers ]

I Lost My Phone Number attached to my Gmail Account.. When ever I Log In to My Account It Is asking To Send Verification code to My Lost Number as I have Activated 2 step Verification Method. Can you Please Help How to Remove the 2 step verification Method For My Gmail account? Thanking you

How to block of gmail account email id [ 3 Answers ]

I want to block my gmail account because some one is miss using my account.

How do I block any particular id to send mails on my gmail id. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How do I block any particular id to send mails on my gmail id. There is 1 person.. who sends me amil on my gmail id.. I don't want to receive mails from him... How will I block him... Help...

View more questions Search