Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 6, 2017, 10:51 AM
    Would you like to the truth about Hell?
    Find out Answers to Questions like these.

1) Does a God of Love torture people in an eternal burning hell as taught by many religions?

2) What is Hell?

3) Did you know 100% of the people that to go Hell will be resurrected?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2017, 10:58 AM
    The JW might believe that... most other Christians have a different viewpoint on that topic.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2017, 11:14 AM
    1) The religions of man are flawed therefore imperfect and the flowery language of ancient man is without a doubt... primitive and speculative. What better way to control the flock than to scare the crap out of them. Cruelty is a human skill.

2) Hell is hunger and fear, both are very real, and not subject to speculation.

3) Why can't you let the resurrected speak for themselves, and if you know any bring them forth and stop this speculation.
    -

Jul 10, 2017, 11:37 AM
    Cruelty is human skill derived from the serpent itself. The punishment for disobedience was death not a continuity of life. "But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die." (Genesis 2:17)
    The lie Eve bought. "At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die." (Genesis 3:4)

There is no Biblical teaching of a continuation of life taught here, other than by Satan whom Religion has sided with. Therefore many religions deny the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. For a person to proclaim they are a Christian and then in the same breath deny the resurrection is simply not a Christian, but an Imposter.

"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out" (John 5:28)

"hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." (Rev 20:13)

Hell, hades, sheol, the pit, all have the same meaning, which is 'the grave'. Hell does not exist as taught by false religion to bilk them out of Billions to pray for the dead. Think about it, those who are alive pay for the dead? The dead are Resurrected by means of Jesus Christ. "You received free, give free." (Matthew 10:8)
    Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 02:53 AM
    Cruelty is a basic human TRAIT associated with a lack of empathy. It is based in fear (Of survival?) and do you doubt that fear is an example of HELL on earth for those who suffer it in varying degrees? For those the grave is the only relief for them... in this reality anyway.
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 05:07 AM
    Yes, I see how you came about to the reality of hell being the grave. But religion thrives off a morbid fear and many times the sins that they accuse of their congregations, the ministers are doing the same things.

When I pointed out (Rev 20:13) about the dead being released from hell. I was told that was impossible. Then I said isn't Jesus about the Resurrection? These questions were getting the priest upset. Actually, when I show people from the Bible that there is going to be a resurrection from hell of the righteous and unrighteous many snarl at the good news.

Two scriptures: "And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust." (Acts 24:15 KJV) If there is going to be a resurrection they have to come from somewhere.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." (Rev 20:13 KJV) My morbid fear of hell evaporated when I found out the truth and religion began to lose her influence on me.

Notice how they are judged? By their works.....not by the past, but by what they do during Christ Millennial Reign.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 06:07 AM
    OOPS!!!
    Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    Yes, I see how you came about to the reality of hell being the grave. But religion thrives off a morbid fear and many times the sins that they accuse of their congregations, the ministers are doing the same things.
    That's not what I said, reread what I wrote as I was very clear that hell on EARTH, here and NOW, is the reality MANY humans deal with. The grave is an inevitable destination for all living things on this Earth. I agree though that inevitability is massively exploited by man, and morbid is a good word, but unfortunately the promise of an afterlife or FAITH as you will, is equally exploited (More so?) and morbid is replaced by HOPE.

Truth is no one knows what the next level is, nor can faith replace fact, except to offer peace of mind for many. While that's VERY important to the fragile human psyche, a counterbalance if you will to the harsh facts of reality.

When I pointed out (Rev 20:13) about the dead being released from hell. I was told that was impossible. Then I said isn't Jesus about the Resurrection? These questions were getting the priest upset. Actually, when I show people from the Bible that there is going to be a resurrection from hell of the righteous and unrighteous many snarl at the good news.
    What do you expect when you make such hopeful assertions to humans? Some buy it, some do not. Again I cannot say you are wrong, only understand your leap of faith may simply be greater than mine, but unfortunately your facts are not. Quotes of ancient man in a certain time and place are not FACTS, but fit into the realm of faith nicely don't they?

Two scriptures: "And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust." (Acts 24:15 KJV) If there is going to be a resurrection they have to come from somewhere.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." (Rev 20:13 KJV)
    I mean no disrespect by labeling these quotes as but more flowery statement of opinion, conveying faith through hope and dreams.

My morbid fear of hell evaporated when I found out the truth and religion began to lose her influence on me.

Notice how they are judged? By their works... not by the past, but by what they do during Christ Millennial Reign.
    Nice example of subjective human opinion reflecting their hope for something better yet to come. Yes we humans need that to keep us going. Indeed it only takes acknowledging in others who believe different, or as you see their motivations are different (RE: DIFFERENT FAITH, belief system) to understand how the mind transcends the physical body to sustain our own limited egos.

Nothing rallies the flock like a shared difference that brings out our worst fears. That is the curse and blessings of RELIGION... ALL of them.

Resistance is futile right?
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Yes, but I have a hope that can't be taken away from me. I am free from the bonds of society. God's Kingdom will remove wickedness from this earth. It's not the earth that is destroyed but the society of ungodly mankind. Governments try to stifle the Kingdom Work and many of my brothers and sisters suffered much at the hands of political kings and religion.

In Biblical times, governments are referred to as Kingdoms. Today, the earthly kingdoms are fragmenting, splitting apart as they are struck with an iron rod. Nothing more than clay. "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever," (Daniel 2:44)

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2017, 10:58 AM
    Thus, Witnesses believe the afterlife (if there is one) will be on Earth.
    -

Jul 11, 2017, 02:34 PM
    Christians believe that God is Love. "Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love. "By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten into the world so that we might gain life through him." (1 John 4:8-9)

Trinitarians on the contrary, teach another gospel foreign to the Bible.
    Expert

Jul 12, 2017, 06:19 AM
    I get your opposition to your catholic brethren, fellow Christians though they be, but Christianity comes in many forms, as do most religions of man, and it's not at all uncommon for different "churches" to be established from a larger group, as "preachers" are prone to start their own church. This doesn't make one any better than the others, as indeed Christianity was spun from Judaism, and Christ your savior was a Jew, NOT a Christian.

Such disagreement between churches seem to be the norm rather than unique events. In human terms broadly, All churches seem to say "I'm right and they are wrong" and we can only take a head count to get a consensus of whose message, doctrine, or dogma is most believed or followed so clearly I point out the catholic churches seems to have a larger following over time than Jehovah Witnesses do.

Size doesn't matter though does it?
    -

Jul 12, 2017, 09:53 AM
    Jesus Christ condemned Judaism before they handed him over to the Roman authorities. "Look! Your house is abandoned to you.  For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’” (Matthew 23:38-39)

Jesus began to build the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE with the outpouring of Holy Spirit as it were fire of tongues on the 120 disciples whom met in the upper room. The tongues is not 'baby talk' or 'chanting' but different languages. "And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed, and one came to rest on each one of them, 4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak." (Acts 2:3-4)

"Indeed, they were utterly amazed and said: “See here, all these who are speaking are Galileans, are they not?  How is it, then, that each one of us is hearing his own native language?  Parʹthi·ans, Medes, and Eʹlam·ites, the inhabitants of Mes·o·po·taʹmi·a, Ju·deʹa and Cap·pa·doʹci·a, Ponʹtus and the province of Asia,  Phrygʹi·a and Pam·phylʹi·a, Egypt and the regions of Libʹy·a near Cy·reʹne, sojourners from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,  Creʹtans, and Arabians—we hear them speaking in our languages about the magnificent things of God.” (Acts 2:7-11)

This was the beginning of the Christian Congregation. Saul referred to the Christians as a sect and was handing them over to be tortured and put to death. Does size matter? No, the old world was destroyed by water and eight souls were carried to safety by the ark. "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (1 Peter 3:20 KJV)

Souls means persons. You don't have a soul but are ONE. "And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7 ASV)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2017, 04:36 AM
    That's not the truth.. that's what is claimed by a group that borderlines on being a Cult. And who believes EVERYONE is else in teh Christian world iswrong but them. So it obvious most if not all JW's are incapable of reading the words in front of them. Because the JW clearly aren't able to understand the scriptures as written. Most of us already knew that, but its being proven to us time and time again in threads like this. When maybe 1% claim something written in plain English (in this case) is being misread by 99% of the rest.....you can be certain..its the 1% who are wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me the truth [ 15 Answers ]

okay I can take the truth so lay it on me! I have been seeing this guy for about 4 months well we only hang out when we are drinking or at the bars. My first problem is how that is the only time we ever hang out. Why can't he ask me to hang out during normal hours doing normal things?? I asked him...

The truth [ 8 Answers ]

I didn't really know where to post this,b ut I figured why not put it in the religious discussions where everyone seems to go ato one point or another. I just want to see who thinks truth is relative and who thinks truth is absolute. State what you believe and why you believe it please.

Why tell the truth. [ 5 Answers ]

A couple was going out for the evening. They'd gotten ready, All dolled-up , dog put out, etc. The taxi arrives and as they start, the dog shoots back in the house. They don't want the dog shut in, so the wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes upstairs to chase the dog out. The wife, not...

View more questions Search