Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2017, 11:18 AM
    Trim question
    We have 1x2 trim around our carport except for the chimney. What would be the best way to run the trim around this chimney? In particular, how to attach it to the brick.

Name:  IMG_1128.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  76.1 KB
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2017, 01:25 PM
    Get some good construction adhesive, landscape timber type and glue the trim on. We do this all the time in garages and basements where no nailers exist.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2017, 03:25 PM
    OK. I thought about that but wasn't sure. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2017, 02:08 PM
    Finished job. Thanks for the help. Glue worked great. Name:  IMG_1133.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  82.0 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beading or trim [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace vinil or plastic beading on my kitchen bar stools. Do you know where I can buy it please

How to cut trim [ 4 Answers ]

How you cut trim for interior improvement. Also, how do you cut angles to joint interior floor trim or door trim?

Molding and Trim? [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased white quarter round molding (the plastic mold proof composite) from Home Depot, and need to install it in my kitchen around the base board trim. What's the best application for this install? I was not sure if I should liquid nail it to the painted wood baseboard, or nail it and then...

Gum Trim? [ 4 Answers ]

I have not been to the dentist in over five years, last week when I got dental insurance I finally went. She told me that my teeth were to small and that I needed to get them trimmed up. I always figured that because my husband playfully jokes about my tiny teeth. However, she was only a...

Tricky Door Trim Question [ 2 Answers ]

I need to trim around a door in my basement. Because the door is under where I boxed in around duct work, there isn't enough room to trim around the top. Any suggestions?? Scott

View more questions Search