Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conden123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2017, 08:39 AM
    Hot water from circulation pump not instant at some faucets
    I recently replaced bad hot water circulation pump with new one. Now I get instant hot water only in faucets closer to hot water tank & on others I have to run hot water faucets about 4-5 minutes to have hot water there. They are only luke warm when I first turn them on Before old pump went bad I was getting instant hot water to all faucets. Why am I not getting instant hot water to all faucets now?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Hello Conden123, your problem with new hot water circulation pump can be caused by number of things. Let me run them down the checklist for you:

1. Proper size pump (head)
    2. Pump installed in correct position
    3. Pump installed with the flow ( arrow pointing TOWARDS water heater )
    4. Shut off valves on each end of the pump are open
    5. Pump has power ( GFCI outlet is not tripped )
    6. Check valve is in proper operational condition ( not frozen in closed position )
    7. Check valve was installed with the flow ( arrow pointing TOWARDS water heater )
    8. Pump was bled after installation
    9. If you replaced any pipes, make sure you don't have hot-to-cold water cross-over
    10. Make sure you open all valves after installation

See if you can go down the list and double check on each item

Let me know what happened

Back to you

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 07:31 PM
    Please tell us the brand and the model number of your circulation pump, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grundfos hot water circulation pump water temperature problem [ 14 Answers ]

I recently installed a new replacement Grundfos UP 15-29 SU/TLC hot water circulation pump at my home. It is in the hot water return at the bottom of the water heater, installed as before. Water heater is 5-years old. Problem is that the water runs hotter when the pump is off. In fact, it...

Can a hot water circulation pump causing whining noises in the plumbing system? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a hot water circulation pump and now get occasional whininf noise in the pipes, usually when flushing the toilets. There is also a expansion tank on the system and I have PEX supply lines.

Hot Water Circulation Pump failure [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a Grundfos hot water circulation pump installed. All was fine and dandy until last week when we had a water outage for several hours. Now the pump is making terrible noises and I disconnected it.. Questions: 1. Is there a way to repair it or do I need to get a new one? 2. I saw...

Recirculation pump - hot water to only a few faucets [ 6 Answers ]

I have a hot water recirc pump installed and it has been working fine ever since I bought the house (5 years ago). Recently though the shower in our master bedroom - the one furthest from the water heater - doesn't get hot water much at all unless the pump is on. Since we have it on a timer we...

View more questions Search