Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2017, 06:43 PM
    Flaxseed
    In your opinion, what is the healthiest way to get flaxseed. I read flaxseed oil is less nutritional and can go rancid pretty fast. There are different forms of flaxseed like meal, seeds, flour and powder.

I read to eat the seeds, your body won't digest them.

What is the most nutritional way to take flax seed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2017, 07:23 PM
    Why flaxseed?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 3, 2017, 05:34 AM
    I agree, why? No one food has magical powers of health. But I would order a small package of meal or jar of oil online from a company with lots of good reviews. I rely on reviews for almost everything.
    You can get a pound for $5, so it's not a big deal.
    You may find it very bitter. I can't stand it.

Flaxseed oil contains the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which the body converts into eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which is the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil. Some researchers think flaxseed oil might have some of the same benefits as fish oil. But the body is not very efficient at converting ALA into EPA and DHA. The benefits of ALA, EPA, and DHA are not necessarily the same. Omega-3 fatty acids, usually from fish oil, have been shown to reduce inflammation and help prevent certain chronic diseases, such as heart disease and arthritis. Studies are mixed about whether flaxseed oil is useful for the same conditions. - U of Md
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2017, 02:51 AM
    If you want a very healthy oil, I would go with coconut oil. The benefits of coconut oil far outweigh flax. We use it all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flaxseed or fish oil? [ 0 Answers ]

If I already incorporate flaxseed meal into my daily diet should I still take fish oil supplements?

Ground flaxseed for dogs/ [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, my dog has been having problems with her anal glands. I read that ground flaxseed would help to firm up her stool; however, I also read that ground flaxseed will soften the stool in the case of constipation. How can it do both. If it is indeed the thing to give her for the anal gland...

Does anyone know about flaxseed oil and acne? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, OK so here is my problem.. I actually have a couple different questions to ask so bare with me :) So all of my life I have had perfect skin, no bumps, great tone, smooth.. very good. Just last year I started breaking out with a few pimples on my chin, and they were the kin under the...

How to cook with Flaxseed? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I cook with flaxseed and how does it help my diet?

View more questions Search