Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 2, 2017, 09:28 AM
    Does god have a name?
    For thousands of years, Satan has been bringing dishonor and disdain to God’s Holy Name. Matter of fact, most Bible Translations have deleted, defaced, and removed God’s Name from scripture.

How does (Psalm 83:18) read in your Bible?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 2, 2017, 09:37 AM
    Last time I opened a link, I got a virus. Never again.
    -

Jul 2, 2017, 09:40 AM
    Good to know. From now on I'll give the quote:
    “That
    men
    may know that thou, whose name alone
    is
    JEHOVAH,
    art
    the most high over all the earth.” (Psalms 83:18 KJV)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 2, 2017, 09:42 AM
    Does answering your own question actually have a point ?
    So there are variances in translations, what does it matter, you read the version you prefer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2017, 09:54 AM
    Exodus 3:14 -- I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh ašer ehyeh)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2017, 09:57 AM
    Twitter 8:13 -- I Am President, and You're Not. Trump the Rump.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2017, 10:02 AM
    "I Am who Am". Moses asked God for a name." Who shall I say sent me".Thus you shall say to the Sons of Israel "I AM has sent me to you" Paraphrased from Exodus. God, Jehovah, Adonai, Yahweh and other names were added by man. Jesus references that in John saying, "before Abraham existed, I AM.".
    -

Jul 2, 2017, 06:11 PM
    Even though the scriptures state that Moses spoke to God face to face, the scriptures also state, "No man has seen God at any time" (John 1:18). Moses was speaking to the 'I am' God's Personal Messenger, his Word.

"And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thorn-bush: and he looked, and behold, the thorn-bush burned with fire, and the thorn-bush was not being consumed." (Exodus 3:2 Darby)

Even the Apostle Paul refers to this angel as the 'I am". An angel of God, not God himself. All angels existed before Abraham.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2017, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    "And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him
    Are you a Witness?
    -

Jul 2, 2017, 06:17 PM
    Yes and so was Jesus. "These things said the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;" (Rev 3:14 KJV)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2017, 01:39 PM
    You are putting words in from your translation. Go back to Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic. This is not a platform to support your agenda. " Yes, and so was Jesus". Jehovah is a modern translation. Why not call Him Michael the Archangel? Isn't that a Witness belief?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 02:01 PM
    Arthur Clarke proposed that man's only purpose was to elucidate all the names of God

https://www.amazon.com/Nine-Billion-.../dp/0451089995
    -

Jul 4, 2017, 02:12 PM
    Use any translation you like. As you can see, I used the KJV. "These things said the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;" (Rev 3:14 KJV)

The Greek word beginning is Arche'.
    Strong's Concordance
    Arché: beginning, origin
    Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: arché
    Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')
    Short Definition: ruler, beginning
    Definition: (a) rule (kingly or magisterial), (b) plur: in a quasi-personal sense, almost: rulers, magistrates, (c) beginning.

HELPS Word-studies
    746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e. "the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

Creations are spoken of in the feminine sense. Jesus had a beginning as in Archangel or bright morning star. "I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Rev 22:16 KJV) Are you now going to deny Jesus is the I am?
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 03:50 PM
    One of the more amazing things I've come across on the internet is how 70-75 books written 2,000-2,500 years ago, not a single one in a modern language, and by as many different authors, can be so parsed and nit-picked that dozens (thousands?) of different translations/explanations/theories can be offered with each one giving a critical view not supported by any of the others.

Poor Jesus. He wanted people to think past the surface of things, but this has gotten ridiculous.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 04:14 PM
    6 billion humans in the world, and they all probably mean the same just sounds different.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 04:21 PM
    God/Yahweh/I Am:

He never had a beginning. Every child asks, “Who made God?” And every wise parent says, “Nobody made God. God simply is. And always was. No beginning.”
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    6 billion humans in the world, and they all probably mean the same just sounds different.
    Agreed. But they shouldn't beat each other up over it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 04:25 PM
    No one's opening the door to JW's anymore, so now they've taken to the internet? Sigh.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 04:36 PM
    (All of a sudden a whole bunch of posters here - the backyard barbecues must be over - US Independence Day and, I think, Canada celebrating its own - so who's cleaning up outside as you guys are internetting? - are the little kids calming down - Uncle Joe falling asleep in the living room chair? - teenagers going out to meet the crowd? -------------------)

Ok - back. Wondergirl - I don't think anyone denied Jesus is God. At least in this thread. The original question was about seeing God - the face of God. Unless I missed something in the JW post which I found hard to understand.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Ok - back. Wondergirl - I don't think anyone denied Jesus is God. At least in this thread. The original question was about seeing God - the face of God. Unless I missed something in the JW post which I found hard to understand.
    Brother Rando: Are you now [bold mine/WG's] going to deny Jesus is the I am?

WG: I took that statement as meaning that someone in this thread had denied Jesus is God, but I couldn't find it, so I deleted my statement in my post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search