Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2017, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    Correct, others reject the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus addressed his Father in Prayer in John 17:1 and states to his Father that he's the only true God in (John 17:3).

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

When Jesus closed in Prayer he stated, "Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me.  I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” (John 17:25-26)

"Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son." (2 John 9)

Trinitarians who call themselves Christians are telling an untruth, the trinity is not even in the Bible. God is a Spirit not a three person formula.

"God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:24)

"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (John 4:23)
    Dude.. You need to look in the Mirror... The JW are the BIGGEST offenders of that among those who are ANY part of the Christian Faith. And the fact you pull that garbage out only proves it.

But you can be smug and think otherwise....you might be in for one heck of a shock when YOU have to answer to St Peter.....I don't even claim to be a religious scholar..and you are so far off target on so many things, like other JW...its really not even funny.

To save me time writing this I cut and pasted it...

The words arrogance, arrogant, proud, and haughty are mentioned over 200 times in the NIV Bible. And in practically every occurrence, it is a behavior or attitude detested by God. The Bible tells us those who are arrogant and have a haughty heart are an abomination to Him: “Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished” (Proverbs 16:5). Of the seven things the Bible tells us that God hates, “haughty eyes” [“a proud look,” NKJV] is the first one listed (Proverbs 6:16-19). Jesus Himself said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him,” and then goes on to list the thirteen characteristics of those who are outside of God’s favor, with arrogance being considered alongside sexual immorality and murder (Mark 7:20-23).

There are two Greek forms of the word arrogance used in the New Testament, essentially meaning the same. Huperogkos means “swelling” or “extravagant” as used in “arrogant words” (2 Peter 2:18; Jude 1:16). The other is phusiosis, meaning a “puffing up of the soul” or “loftiness, pride” (2 Corinthians 12:20). It is incumbent upon believers to recognize that being arrogant or having a pompous attitude is antithetical to godliness (2 Peter 1:5-7). Arrogance is nothing more than an overt display of one’s sense of self-importance (2 Timothy 3:2). It is akin to that “it’s all about me” mindset that says, “The world revolves around me” (Proverbs 21:24).

Instead of arrogance, the Bible teaches us the opposite. In writing to the church in Corinth, Paul describes the love. Of the many facets of God’s love, arrogance is the reverse: “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant” (1 Corinthians 13:4; cf. Romans 12:3). Being boastful and having that “I’m better than you” attitude reeks of intimidation and destroys our relationships with others. However, Jesus taught us to put others before self: “But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:43-45).

The apostle Paul echoed these same sentiments in his letter to the church in Philippi: “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves” (Philippians 2:3). This is a vast contrast from the “dog-eat-dog,” competitive nature of our world today. The Christian’s behavior towards others should imitate that of Christ who taught us to wash one another’s feet (John 13:14). Where the world pushes us to strive to reach the top and says that “he who has the most toys wins,” Jesus commands us to be different: “For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted” (Luke 14:1; cf. James 4:6).

Regarding our attitudes towards God and our fellow-man, God gives us two promises. First, that the arrogant will be punished (Proverbs 16:5; Isaiah 13:11), and, second, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3). For, in truth, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble” (1 Peter 5:5; cf. Proverbs 3:34).
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2017, 07:07 AM
    "Jesus prayed, “Our Father hallowed be your Name” (Matthew 6:9) "

Correct. He did pray that. And at the time He prayed it, nobody knew how to pronounce it. He's not talking about a literal four-letter name, He's talking about God's presence and majesty and authority. This is why we pray "In Jesus' name." What does that mean? It means "We invoke Jesus' authority to affirm what we pray."

Again, Jesus said that. But nobody knew how to pronounce YHWH by that time. They substituted "hashem" which means "the name."

And again, "Jehovah" is a word that never existed. The very name of your religion is based on something false. You might want to think about that.
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 09:45 AM
    Jesus knew his Father's Name and how to pronounce claiming the opposite is what False religion claims, those who deny the Father and the Son. These ones are False Christians, Apostates of Christendom.

Jesus when translated means 'Jehovah is Salvation'. YHWH is a latinized version of the Tetragrammaton. Jesus Christ encouraged the use of God’s name.—Read Matthew 6:9; John 17:26.
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 09:59 AM
    Only apostates who continue to fight the claim that God's name is God or LORD. But it's a battle you are losing. The Great Tribulation is spiritual one, for such ones who treat Jehovah's Name with hypocrisy is being exposed today.

"Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence." (2 Thessalonians 2:8)

Those counted wicked holler and scream because they hate the Good News. But removing the wicked is good news. Guess it depends which side you're on?

Instructions to survive the Great Tribulation the 'wicked' have no understanding (Daniel 12:10): Let go of anger and abandon rage; Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.  For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth." (Psalm 37:8-9)

"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there." (Psalm 37:10)

Today, the wicked are dying off, they are entering into the symbolic lake of fire in the sense of being destroyed, there is were their weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 10:07 AM
    We'll be fine. Doncha know -- Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144,000 'spiritual Israelites' go to heaven. The 144,000 is also referred to as the 'little flock'. Everyone else will either survive the end of the world, (i.e. armageddon) or die before armageddon and be resurrected to life on a paradise earth with a new physical body.
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 12:01 PM
    I'll be glad to discuss the "Body of Christ" who become Kings and Priests over the earth. It's not the earth that will be destroyed but 'wicked mankind' that will be removed from the earth by dying the second death which is symbolism for everlasting destruction by everlasting death, they are never resurrected.

But let's stay on topic. If you want to deny that Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation' then that's on you, it's part of the separation work. "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) "I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one." (John 17:22)

Just like when a couple gets married, "the two become one flesh". It's not literal as false religion claims, rather, it's figurative speech. They become one in purpose. "So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." (Hebrews 1:4)

Now, if "Jesus is God" as you claim, however, the Bible doesn't, nor will you find that phrase in the trinity. The trinity omits Jesus Christ from its doctrine. So if Jesus is God then Jesus and God would be interchangeable.

So let's try it. If Jesus is God then, can we conclude that God "has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs"?

Jesus prayed, “Our Father hallowed be your Name” (Matthew 6:9) “I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared.  Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him.” (Exodus 23:20-21)

Jesus when translated means ‘Jehovah is Salvation
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 12:23 PM
    So what? Who are you to get between the relationship between anyone and the God that they understand? Why are you putting a bible between YOU and the God YOU understand?
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 12:24 PM
    "But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death.” (Rev 21:8)

The Good News is a separation work. Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.  Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:9-10)

Some here are dying the second death so they weep and gnash their teeth against the good news of God's Kingdom. Claiming God's Name should not be in the Bible... brotherrando

Question: Who is the one person that would not want God's Name to be made known?
    Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 12:29 PM
    "So what? Who are you to get between the relationship between anyone and the God that they understand? Why are you putting a bible between YOU and the God YOU understand?"

Can't answer a simple question? If quoting others is your claim to fame that's okay too!
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 12:36 PM
    Because Religion pushes their 'Unknown God". However, Jesus made known his Father Name. (John 17:6) and even prayed that His Father's Name be Sanctified. (Matthew 6:9)

Misconceptions about God’s name in the Bible

Misconception: Translations that use “Jehovah” have added this name.

Fact: The Hebrew word for God’s name in the form of the Tetragrammaton appears some 7,000 times in the Bible. *Most translations arbitrarily remove God’s name and replace it with a title such as “Lord.”

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teaching...ho-is-jehovah/
    Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 01:19 PM
    Semantical difference is common among humans. Followers know whom they follow.
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 01:43 PM
    Semantical difference is common among humans. Followers know whom they follow.
    Semantical difference was inserted in the Bible by removing God's Name and inserting LORD then Christendom added even more Semantical difference by switching LORD to Lord. I asked people from the house to house ministry and most people claim God's Name is God. That Semantical difference is because they don't know which God they worship. Jesus said the same thing.

Are you going to claim that the Messiah has no name? Jehovah Witnesses worship the same God that Jesus worships. "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews." (John 4:22)

Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father." (John 4:21) What happened to the "Our Father " prayer? Why do so many claim the words of Jesus Christ are meaningless? Notice this prophecy came true. Even you proclaim it's a Semantical difference. It's this difference that specifies the difference between true worshippers from false ones. "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (John 4:23) The gathering of a people out of all the nations for God's Name is now coming to its completion! (Acts 15:14)

The Last Days that began in 1914 are now coming to their end. When Armageddon is about to begin, the son of man's presence is finally revealed to wicked mankind, and "all the peoples of the earth will have to see that Jehovah's name has been called upon you, and they will indeed be afraid of you." (Deut 28:10)

"then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation" (Matthew 24:30)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 01:50 PM
    You are so focused on using the "right" name for God that you've lost sight of the Gospel message.
    Expert

Jul 27, 2017, 02:18 PM
    If you believe in one God, then no matter your language, region, or tribe, is it not the same God as ALL who believe in ONE God? Even ancient man with his limited knowledge had many different Gods, but what if he gave parts of the same god different names? Would it not be the same God?

He was doing the best he could with what he had to work with at the time. Faith does not require truth just understanding and in time better understanding as more is revealed. No knock on ancient man but God has always been bigger than human imagination. I don't knock you either, my choice not to follow your lead. You are doing your best with what you have.

We ALL do the best we can. If all you know is the words, you miss the TRUE concept of what you preach, since it's the ACTIONS the words evoke that start us on the path to understanding. So don't be stuck in the past. You're here NOW. Congregate don't isolate.
    -

Jul 27, 2017, 02:20 PM
    Well, now that's something I can agree on. Kudos!
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2017, 07:15 AM
    "Only apostates who continue to fight the claim that God's name is God or LORD. But it's a battle you are losing. The Great Tribulation is spiritual one, for such ones who treat Jehovah's Name with hypocrisy is being exposed today. "

I'll ignore the gibberish in the middle and concentrate on the idea that anybody who doesn't use this name, WHICH NEVER EXISTED, then salvation escapes them. But again, nobody knew how to pronounce it in Jesus' time. Jesus may have known, but if He did know during His earthly time - remember, He emptied Himself of his divine nature, Philippians 2, so there's lots of things He didn't know. But if He did know the pronunciation, He didn't tell anybody. So that point is meaningless.

"Y'shua" does indeed mean "YHWH is Salvation." It's the Aramaic form of Joshua. So what? That doesn't tell us anything about how to pronounce the name. People have tried to extract pronunciation out of proper names like that before, and it's a fool's errand. Give it up, because much better scholars than you haven't been able to make it work.

As for God's name, I go with Paul and call Him Daddy, which is what "abba" means.

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[fn] And by him we cry, Abba,[fn] Father.” Rom 8:15
    Expert

Jul 28, 2017, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are so focused on using the "right" name for God that you've lost sight of the Gospel message.
    A simple truth that speaks for itself in a profound way!

THANKS!
    -

Jul 28, 2017, 08:34 AM
    I used to be a Catholic, and I know how we used to say the same words over and over again. I was watching a News Channel in how Satanists do the same thing, it's called 'chanting'. I was thinking, what makes me different from them? We say the Lord's Prayer over and over, but I came across a scripture that states, to 'be a doer of the word not a hearer only.'

Then praying all those prayers. It's was endless. Like the Rosary, the muslims and the Hindi have prayer beads also but I couldn't find them in the scripture. When I was in grade school, I remember talking with this girl I had a crush on. She refused to let me take her to a movie. I couldn't figure out why so I asked her. Said she it was because of my religion. Me being a Catholic I was proud of it but what she said, really got me thinking. She said, Lutherans don't pray to Mary because she's not the Mother Of God. Do you think God needs a Mother? Yada yada yada... I sort of tuned her out then she said at least we don't worship idols. I was telling her those are just images, it's a representative. What's the ten commandments say about bowing to idols? So I was thinking boy!

So when researching, I noticed the Catholic Church goes by traditions and Church doctrines that aren't in the Bible. For instance, we believed in the trinity, but can't point to a scripture about it. The phrase that 'three persons make up one God' is absent.

When I looked up idol, I was amazed to find the definition of it.

I·dol
    ˈīdl/Submit
    Noun
    an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.
    Synonyms: icon, representation of a god, image, effigy, statue, figure, figurine, fetish, totem; graven image, false god, golden calf
    "a throng of men gathered in worship of a golden idol"

I remember bringing the Bible to CCD and asked the nun if we can look at the Bible. She said maybe another time, today we going to study the stations of the cross. I began to see how they indoctrinated people to worship idols. I also remember the girl I liked, told me having Jesus on the Cross was a graven image.

So here's a few scriptures. I'm sure you know them.
    "You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth." (Exodus 20:4) That covers pretty much everything doesn't it?

I was thinking surely Jesus must have taught something about this. If we can't use carved images like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. When I quote the words of Jesus, even on this forum, most reject them, I'm guessing they simply don't even know the 10 Commandments?

Here's the teaching of Jesus that is basically rejected by the whole world including religion. "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) Simple, straight forward. The scriptures tell us that there is no deceit found in the mouth of Jesus Christ.

"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (John 4:23) Here's Jesus telling the Samaritan Woman that the Father is LOOKING for such ones. I knew in an instance, that's ME! I'll worship the Father with spirit and truth.

Then Jesus identifies himself to the woman. "The woman said to him: “I know that Messiah is coming, who is called Christ. Whenever that one comes, he will declare all things to us openly.”  Jesus said to her: “I am he, the one speaking to you." (John 4:25-26)

If a person doesn't receive the words of Christ, or argues against them, they don't meet the MO Jesus gave. When I found Jesus, I knew that Someone brought ME to HIM. I don't care what others say about me, but my heart aches when they lie about my Lord and Savior. "Certainly if after escaping from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, their final state has become worse for them than the first." (2 Peter 2:20) So I left the former things behind.

Names are important don't you think? Here's another scripture about how we get to know Jesus. "In response Jesus said to them: “Stop murmuring among yourselves.  No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.  It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by Jehovah.’ Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.  Not that any man has seen the Father, except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.  Most truly I say to you, whoever believes has everlasting life." (John 6:43-47)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2017, 09:15 AM
    I don't see anywhere in the scriptures that supports the JW perspective of things anywhere... I see where they clearly misread and misinterpret them, but nothing that supports their rather strange perspective.

The Mennonites perspective makes more sense than the JW does and there is less than zero chance of either convincing me their way is right (even the Mormons don't twist things nearly as much)... and I was raised Methodist... though I walked away from them when they got into their recent Political Correctness BS.

I think its VERY arrogant to be so narrow minded to bash every single OTHER perspective than your own... and insist YOUR way is the ONLY way... and infer that every other Christian is no different or better than practitioners of any OTHER religion... or those who believe in none, because despite your insistence to the contrary... there rest of us here are at lease fluent in English as Native speakers... and some of us are fluent in multiple other languages and as such WE are even more aware of nuances in the language.

We also have read these and for the most part.. NONE of us interpret them they way you do.

But you are free to worship the Easter bunny if you wish... being a protestant I believe you answer ONLY to St Peter upon your death for your lifes actions, unlike the Catholics were you essentially get a get out of jail free card by admitting to them while you are still alive...

Get it REALLY wrong... then its all on you...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2017, 09:32 AM
    She said, Lutherans don't pray to Mary because she's not the Mother Of God. Do you think God needs a Mother?
    This girl is totally, totally incorrect. That is NOT why Lutherans don't pray to Mary. And yes, Mary was Jesus' mother.

Judging from the rest of your post, I see that you've picked up and absorbed all sorts of incorrect thinking about various religious groups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search