Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 05:13 PM
    Athos, Canada day is on July 1st. The Canadians cleaned up days ago. :)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Athos, Canada day is on July 1st. The Canadians cleaned up days ago. :)
    Thank you. Canada always struck me as the neater of the two countries - maybe due to cooler weather.
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 4, 2017, 06:12 PM
    The God and Father has no beginning because he is eternal. However, the son was begotten (John 3:16) and has a beginning (Rev 3:14). Since Jesus was begotten then there was a time when he was not.

Here's some 1 Peter 1:3 translations:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (NIV)
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! (ESV)
    Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! (GW)

Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Matthew 16:16)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    The God and Father has no beginning because he is eternal. However, the son was begotten (John 3:16) and has a beginning (Rev 3:14). Since Jesus was begotten then there was a time when he was not.
    Gen. 1:26 (KJV) Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.
    John 10:30(NIV) I and the Father are one.

According to Christian doctrine, Jesus the Christ is one of the Persons of the Trinity. The other two are God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
    -

Jul 4, 2017, 06:42 PM
    Jesus has a God and Father. Here's a quote from Jesus Christ. "You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28 KJV)

The trinity is not a Christian Doctrine nor can it be found in the Bible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 06:46 PM
    Jesus has a God and Father. Here's a quote from Jesus Christ. "You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28 KJV)

Then, by your estimation, what happens to those who believe in the Trinity?
    -

Jul 4, 2017, 07:00 PM
    Since Jesus is the beginning of Creation (Rev 3:14) accepting the Deity of Christ is important. And yes we believe in the Deity.

Strong's Concordance
    theotés: deity
    Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: theotés
    Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)
    Short Definition: deity, Godhead
    Definition: deity, Godhead.

Even Moses was part of the Godhead in how God gives others authority to others whom represent him. Moses was called God, does that make him God?

The Godhead is explained at (1 Corinthians 11:3) "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
    -

Jul 4, 2017, 07:09 PM
    The scripture is clear about salvation. "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
    There is no scripture stating salvation in the trinity. If you can show me one, I am willing to listen to it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 07:27 PM
    There is no scripture stating salvation in the trinity. If you can show me one, I am willing to listen to it.
    Did I say there is?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2017, 08:37 PM
    The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, and The Athanasian Creed all profess the Trinitarian doctrine and are statements of faith by Christian churches.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2017, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, and The Athanasian Creed all profess the Trinitarian doctrine and are statements of faith by Christian churches.
    Whether the Trinity is Christian or not is not for me to say. But the fact of the matter is that it was not considered officially a part of the new faith until a few hundred years after Jesus at one of the Church Councils. Support for the Trinity biblically seems forced and depends on a curious reading of certain passages in the Bible.
    -

Jul 5, 2017, 05:28 AM
    "The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, and The Athanasian Creed all profess the Trinitarian doctrine" There's a big difference between Christians that preach that Jesus is the Christ and trinitarians who proclaim that Jesus is God. You will not find a single scripture that states, "Jesus is God".

God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24)

"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (John 4:23)

Does the trinity state that "God is a Spirit'? Jesus Christ does... Jesus started the preaching work almost 2,000 years ago and sent his followers from door to door in twos. That Preaching Work is now reaching its' Conclusion.

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)

"Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his house and take the evening meal with him and he with me." (Rev 3:20)

Take Care.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2017, 06:52 AM
    The problem is that those languages are dead. We don't have any more native speakers to tell us what everything means. We give it out best shot, and different people come up with different conclusions. That's the way it goes with any literature in a dead language.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2017, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    the problem is that those languages are dead. We don't have any more native speakers to tell us what everything means. We give it out best shot, and different people come up with different conclusions. That's the way it goes with any literature in a dead language.
    amen !!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2017, 12:05 PM
    Quote all you want, JW's are great at that! How about "1889 "In the coming 26 years, all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved." (C.T. Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 98-99, 1889) Inspired?
    -

Jul 5, 2017, 01:14 PM
    I know exactly who the I am is... Paul referred to him as the angel of God. In Acts 27:23. But will you humble yourself to see? Acts 27:23 Greek Text Analysis

"For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," (Acts 27:23 KJV)

Your church is lying to you... Wake up O' Sleeper...

Acts 27:23

Text Analysis
    Strong's Transliteration Greek English Morphology
    3936 [e] parestē παρέστη stood by V-AIA-3S
    1063 [e] gar γάρ indeed Conj
    1473 [e] moi μοι me PPro-D1S
    3778 [e] tautē ταύτῃ this DPro-DFS
    3588 [e] τῇ - Art-DFS
    3571 [e] nykti νυκτὶ night N-DFS
    3588 [e] tou τοῦ - , Art-GMS
    2316 [e] Theou Θεοῦ, of God, N-GMS
    3739 [e] hou οὗ whose RelPro-GMS
    1510 [e] eimi εἰμι, am V-PIA-1S
    1473 [e] egō [ἐγώ] I PPro-N1S
    3739 [e] whom RelPro-DMS
    2532 [e] kai καὶ and Conj
    3000 [e] latreuō λατρεύω, I serve, V-PIA-1S
    32 [e] angelos ἄγγελος an angel, N-NMS

-

Jul 5, 2017, 01:30 PM
    Exodus 3:14 -- I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh ašer ehyeh)

Read Exodus 3:2, it states angel of Jehovah.
    The Apostle Paul also refers to the I am as the angel of God in Acts 27:23.

For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Acts 27:23

Whose means who is... For there stood by me this night the angel of God, who is I am, and whom I serve, Acts 27:23
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2017, 01:37 PM
    Well, this is confusing. A similar question was asked with different text which I answered. However, a Curly Ben decided it was a duplicate question and referred THAT thread to THIS thread, omitting my answer at THAT thread.

So I will post it again.

To the Question Does God Have A Name? I answered:

Of course He does. "God" is one of them. Others are - Lord, Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai, Allah, Brahma, Krishna, and more too numerous to mention.

I think what you mean is - "Does God have a name He calls Himself and which He has revealed to humankind?"

Some say yes, some say no.

In any case, what if He does or He doesn't? What is the import of your question?
    -

Jul 5, 2017, 01:53 PM
    Gen. 1:26 (KJV) Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.
    John 10:30(NIV) I and the Father are one.

According to Christian doctrine, Jesus the Christ is one of the Persons of the Trinity. The other two are God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
    "Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From ancient times I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no deep waters, I was brought forth, When there were no springs overflowing with water. 25 Before the mountains were set in place, Before the hills, I was brought forth," (Proverbs 8:22-24)

But unto them who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV)

Wisdom is spoken of in the feminine sense, likewise beginning for Jesus was begotten, created, made, brought forth.

Strong's Concordance
    sophia: skill, wisdom
    Original Word: σοφία, ας, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: sophia
    Phonetic Spelling: (sof-ee'-ah)
    Short Definition: wisdom
    Definition: wisdom, insight, skill (human or divine), intelligence.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 5, 2017, 03:59 PM
    Athos, the cooler weather is only in the winter. This weekend is supposed to get up to a balmy 35C (95F) in my neck of the woods, and 40C (104F) just a few hours drive away. Can't run the AC in our trailer as we don't have a hookup site, and we'll be camping in the deep woods this weekend. Hoping the trees provide a lot of shade because menopause sucks in the heat. :)

Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread.

Back to the conversation about God. Carry on. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search