Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2017, 07:58 AM
    Mirror Tiles Replacement
    Replacing a mirror tile. I was installed using mirror mastic.
    Tile is in a very tight area. Should you tape it and just crack the mirror?
    But how about the removal of the mastic
    Attached Images

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2017, 05:57 AM
    The mystic can be either scraped or sanded to get enough off to install new tile.

Chuck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 17, 2017, 02:18 PM
    The mastic takes many years to harder, you should be able to chip it off with a sharp putty knife, and yes tape it for safety
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2017, 02:28 PM
    Very good. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Mirror onto Glazed Tiles without hooks [ 3 Answers ]

Where in the UK can I buy Foam mounting Squares or some Form of double sided pads suitable to put up my bathroom mirror on bathroom glazed tiles?

Bathroom mirror on tiles with borders [ 1 Answers ]

If you can see in the picture attached to this email, There is a picture of a bathroom, this is how my tiles are set up. There are 2 borders that stick out of the wall, the top one sticks out further than the other. In the second picture attached, there is a mirror from a shop. (the middle...

Cutting Mirror Tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These...

Mirror tiles in a bathroom [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Experts I am planning to mirror tile the walls around the bath/shower area in my bathroom. I will probably use 30cm sq mirror tiles from Ikea. These come with s/a pads which I assume will not be up to the job in a bathroom. I found from searching this forum that there is a product...

View more questions Search