Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2017, 09:32 AM
    Condo violation?
    Someone in our building is stealing carts from t.j. Maxx and placing them in our ground level laundry room.
    I am writing a letter to the board about this.
    I saw the person today who is doing it, but do not know her.
    I told her "she should return the carts to the store, that they do not belong to our building laundry room".
    She replied with a very antagonistic, angry, despicable, horrible manner, that "those carts are for anyone who needs them".
    Does that make sense?
    The store says they cannot come onto the property to pick them up.
    That someone from our bldg. Needs to push them onto the road to pick them up.
    How can this be prevented ?
    People don't follow rules these days! They are ignorant.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2017, 09:41 AM
    The thief probably wants one or more wheeled bins to use in order to transfer laundry from machine to machine. Would the landlord or management pay for such things and return the carts to TJMaxx? Make your letter a positive instead of a negative.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2017, 12:48 PM
    She sounds mentally ill. I would report the issue to the association and let them know you'd like to avoid contacting the police, but that the entire association should not be storing stolen items. For your own wellbeing, I would also report it to the police and say, "just for the record - my neighbor is stealing and storing these carts in shared association property and I don't want them here. I notified the store and the association and don't ever want to be held responsible in any way. I'd like the carts removed and returned to the store, and for the responsible neighbor to be stopped from continuing to steal and put stolen goods in our common areas."
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2017, 07:18 PM
    What's stopping you from walking the carts back to TJ Maxx? I'm guessing the store is not far if this woman is taking the carts. If you can, get a picture of the woman and give it to the store so they can watch out for her.
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2017, 03:12 AM
    Store is 5 or 6 blocks from the condo. She had it in her car.

The condo is 5 or 6 blocks from the store. She had it in her car.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 1, 2017, 04:35 AM
    When a given petty theft act is commonplace, most people who don't like it don't confront the thief directly, knowing that the odds of an angry reaction will be high.
    So if the store is too far away, why not put the carts on the curb and tell the store?

How many carts? You say them, then it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of Probation, Maryland Shoplifting PBJ/Violation due to Urine Test [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 year old niece was arrested three times within a week for shoplifting. The first was under $200 worth of electronics she was stopped with before leaving the store, A few days later, she was caught stealing small items totaling under $20 from two stores in a shopping mall. This resulted in 2...

I live on the top floor condo of a 3 floor condo building. [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor below me says that when I take a bath, water leaks through her exhaust fan onto the floor. This only happens when I take a bath, not when I take a shower every morning. I tried letting out a little water at a time which seems to help, but not always. I asked my condo assn. mgnt. And...

Second violation but first formal probation violation sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was violated on informal probation and sentenced 30 days. Now he's on formal probation and was violated. What will he be sentenced?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search