Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eitan Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2017, 10:38 AM
    What is "sapphire solitaire"
    Some jewelry sellers dwscribe the gem stone as sapphire solitaire. It seems to be not a real sapphire. But what kind of stone is it
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2017, 04:28 PM
    There can be real sapphire solitaires and there can be fake sapphire solitaires.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sapp...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2017, 04:34 PM
    There's really no way to know what the stone is without seeing it, and without being a gem expert. You won't find an answer to this question online.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 29, 2017, 11:52 AM
    Well solitair means 'alone', so it has been mounted without embellishment. There are two or three types of saphires; one is 'star' saphire, which has an image of a star at its centre. This is the most sought after. A plain saphire is not worth a heck of a lot, but you will have to take it to a gemologist at a jewellery store to have it appraised.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diamond Solitaire Ring [ 0 Answers ]

I have a diamond solitaire ring which belonged to my late mother. It is engraved with the initials JMC 9 375, then a tigers' face and lastly the letter "0". Can you date it Or tell me something about it.

What's this song called it has chorous lyrics Sapphire Sapphire? [ 3 Answers ]

What's this song called it stars a lady in the video playing a piano and has chorous lyrics sapphire sapphire?

What's wrong with my solitaire game? [ 5 Answers ]

I am using the solitaire game that came with my computer (WindowsXP) and lately something just takes over the game, like clicking on the deck, it won't always land on the card that should be up next, plus it will just place cards for me at times. I know this is a boring game to some, but helps me...

New Vista Solitaire Virus [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I'm having trouble with my PC that caused after a file named " new vista solitaire.exe " entered my OS (windows XP). Well, I guess this is a virus. I've search many search engine, but I couldn't find any topic related. This kind of virus attack my registry by disabling my windows to search...

Elements in emerald, rubies, sapphire yellow, blue sapphire, carals, and jades [ 3 Answers ]

Please, what are in these elements: Emerald: Ruby: Sapphire yellow: Blue sapphire:

View more questions Search