Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Siestakid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2017, 09:08 AM
    On a single handle tub/shower Moen valve, why am I getting all cold water?
    On s single handle tub/shower Moen valve, why I am getting all cold water not matter where the handle is positioned?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2017, 12:03 AM
    Sounds like you have problem with your cartridge, time to replace it please watch the youtubes, Thanks.

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDxl0A2pl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bRLEMwznpQ
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 28, 2017, 09:06 AM
    I echo John's comment. Balancing mechanism inside the cartridge is stuck in one position. Cartridge needs to be replaced

MOEN cartridges are relatively inexpensive and are easy to replace. But the best thing is that if you call MOEN, they may send you replacement cartridge free of charge

Call 1.800.BUY.MOEN

Hope that helps

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2017, 03:06 PM
    Hello Seistakid ,

I agree with Milo, to call Moen and they will send you replacement parts free, Also Please open the PDF below will show you hot to clean the Cartridge, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf PosiTemp Cartridge Cleaning Instructions.pdf (240.6 KB, 92 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water (at all) -- Moen Brantford Posi-Temp Single-Handle Tub/Shower Valve [ 6 Answers ]

There is no hot water. Period. When I turn on the faucet there is only cold water. If I turn the handle all the way counter-clockwise, the water flow stops completely -- not even cold water. There is hot water in every other sink/shower in the house (including the sink in the same bathroom). This...

Hot water turns Cold - Moen Single Handle Shower [ 3 Answers ]

We have a new Shower (no tub) that used to work just fine but now, after a few minutes of hot water, the water comes out cold. If we turn on the tub (seperate facet) then the hot water returns.

No Cold water in Moen single handle shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I had a plumber replace my shower faucet a year ago, a moen single handle positemp I believe, we started getting only hot water, what would cause this to happen? This has happened before that is why I had it replaced, I just can't believe I need to replace this faucet again! I would like to repair...

My single lever tub shower moen valve will only give all cold or all hot water no w [ 1 Answers ]

My single lever tub shower moen valve will only give all cold or all hot water no water comes out when the valve is in the middle position. Any help.

No hot water from Moen Single handle shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water from my Moen single handle shower valve. I have plenty of pressure from cold water side. I removed the main handle to expose the valve. The hot water pipe has a small valve with a common head valve stem which I turned, hoping to unblock the valve, but this had no...

View more questions Search