Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAGEE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2017, 06:56 PM
    I need a transformer that will stablize voltage drop Iam having over 240 volt 30 amp
    I ran 800 feet # 2 wire 240 volt 30 amp. I looking for a transformer that will stabilized the voltage at 240 volt. When a big load like chop saw and table saw it drain the power.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2017, 04:25 AM
    this is a good example of what happens when starting a motor load. Typically the load (or current) you see in then first second or two may approach 600% of the rated load amperes. In this case at 30 amps / 240 volt / #2 awg / 800 feet the voltage may drop as much as 30 volts.
    If your equipment will not start due to this voltage drop, you might consider - increasing the wire size, Installing a transformer at each end of the circuit to reduce the IR drop, a soft start or frequency drive....
    I would recommend consulting a local professional as your location may limit the options available.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2017, 09:18 AM
    Increasing wire would fix. The size and cost of the wire may be large.
    A Generator may be a Solution. Temporary? Permanent?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a 2kva transformer, 480 volt primary to 4 volt secondary [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where can I find a 2kva transformer, 480 volt primary to 4 volt secondary...

Battery voltage on honda 3810 lawn tractor won't stablize [ 1 Answers ]

Charged battery to 14 volts, when I turn the lights on they are very dim for about 15 sec's then they become bright When I turn the key to the on position I sometimes hear the fuel pump running sometimes it doesn't or is very slow (clicking noise). As soon as I try to start it everything dies and...

How many amps at 208 volt to supply a transformer to create 480 volt 150 amp [ 3 Answers ]

Power requirements using a 112.5 kva transformer

Where to hook up voltage reducer from 48 volt to 12 volt on golf cart [ 1 Answers ]

Do I just take 2 of the batteries which will give me enough (16v) or just take it downstream of 48v feed and then put in reducer? Just need it to run stereo and air horn relay. Thanks Dart

I have a 24 volt 10 amp water softner- will a 24 volt 20 amp transformer work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 24 volt water softner and do not have the correct transformer. I found a 24 volt 20 amp door bell transformer. My water softner is a 24 volt 10 amp. Will this work, or will it burn the water softner up? Thanks,

View more questions Search