Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brother Rando Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 24, 2017, 10:08 AM
    Can the Soul die?
    Many religions teach that the soul is immortal and that it never dies.
    What is your take? Can the soul really die?

"The soul that sins, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:20 KJV
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2017, 10:35 AM
    Yes, as you say, many religions teach that the soul is immortal. Please quote the entire verse:

The soul who sins, he shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be on him.

In this passage in Ezekiel, the writer is using the word "soul" to mean "person," as in "not one soul survived the jet crash." One commentary's explanation:

Holman Christian Standard
    The person who sins is the one who will die. A son won't suffer punishment for the father's iniquity, and a father won't suffer punishment for the son's iniquity.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2017, 10:57 AM
    My take is you can BELIEVE whatever you want that makes you comfortable, but personally I don't really know what happens when the body dies. Are ghost lost souls, or a figment of someone's imagination? Darn, I don't know that either.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2017, 12:09 PM
    There is only 1 positive way to find out. When YOU die!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2017, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    In this passage in Ezekiel, the writer is using the word "soul" to mean "person," as in "not one soul survived the jet crash."
    Wondergirl always gives great explanations of Bible verses. I tried to give a positive rep but it wouldn't let me.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2017, 06:14 PM
    It all depends on your beliefs, but no one really knows for sure what happens when you die.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2017, 10:22 AM
    "And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; Rather, be afraid of the one-"Satan"- who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna". Contained in Matthew, 10:26-33 as read in the Gospel at our church yesterday, 6/26/2017
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2017, 07:39 AM
    In the overall context of the Bible, what do words like "die," "destroy," and the like, really mean? That's the crux of the question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2017, 03:50 AM
    I would expand that to the contexts of the words of ancient man in general, since regional motivations seem to have altered the interpretations of the spiritual message of many "bibles" considering the logic that humans have a common root. Many wars have been fought over the meaning and interpretation of someone's "bible", or the laws that are spawned from them.
    -

Jul 2, 2017, 09:36 AM
    Adam was not given a soul but rather became a living soul. "And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7 ASV)
    -

Jul 5, 2017, 09:55 AM
    Exactly, the soul is the person. Adam was not given a soul as many religions teach, but rather he became a living soul.

Some Genesis 2:7 translations:

And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (ASV)

And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature. (YLT)

And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person. (NWT)
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2017, 10:19 AM
    What's any of this got to do with the price of tea in China?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 5, 2017, 07:13 PM
    It's not really a question, it's a platform to preach his beliefs, or that's what it looks like. I'm guessing that because so many people slam the door in JW's face, especially nowadays, they've now taken to preaching the word of their God, and their beliefs, online.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2017, 07:19 PM
    Yes, more like a Blog with a troll aspect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2017, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It's not really a question, it's a platform to preach his beliefs, or that's what it looks like. I'm guessing that because so many people slam the door in JW's face, especially nowadays, they've now taken to preaching the word of their God, and their beliefs, online.
    And they haven't figured out yet that there's a better and more productive way to witness.
    -

Jul 6, 2017, 10:40 AM
    It's the audience we are trying to reach before turning away from them. This is our audience today: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,  betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,  having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

Sorta proves my point now doesn't it?

If you don't like it, then don't come to My Questions. You have 'free will', I'm not forcing anyone to read my comments, answers or questions, don't click on my links then. If you want to discuss the question that is fine and if you don't that is fine also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ehiZzgdyk

Take Care....
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2017, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post
    It's the audience we are trying to reach before turning away from them. This is our audience today: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,  betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,  having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

If you don't like it, then don't come to My Questions. You have 'free will', I'm not forcing anyone to read my comments, answers or questions, don't click on my links then. If you want to discuss the question that is fine and if you don't that is fine also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ehiZzgdyk

Take Care....

No, it doesn't "prove your point", Rando.

All it proves is that you can cherry pick words from a collection of writings totalling almost a million words and recklessly use them to prove any point you want. Do you think we're stupid?

ANYBODY can do what you're doing. Not much of a trick to it.

Oh, and by the way, YOU don't determine who reads here or comments here or questions here; whoever wishes to do that determines those things. Just thought you'd like to know the rules of the game.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2017, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rando View Post

What point? No, that audience isn't here on this site. Try again.
    -

Jul 10, 2017, 11:16 AM
    "The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will bear no guilt because of the error of his father, and a father will bear no guilt because of the error of his son. The righteousness of the righteous one will be accounted to him alone, and the wickedness of the wicked one will be accounted to him alone." (Ezekiel 18:20)

Each one of us are responsible for our own conduct. In the Conclusion of satan's system that we live in, only those counted righteous will continue to live as the wicked simply die off. That's Armageddon folks. It's Spiritual...

"(Ezekiel 18:21, 22) . . .Now if someone wicked turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps my statutes and does what is just and righteous, he will surely keep living. He will not die.  None of the transgressions that he has committed will be held against him. He will keep living for doing what is righteous.’

And when someone wicked turns away from the wickedness that he has committed and begins to do what is just and righteous, he will preserve his own life (soul).  When he realizes and turns away from all the transgressions that he has committed, he will surely keep living. He will not die. (Ezekiel 18:27-28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzkz...OM27uC7eg4xrwm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this man my twin soul or soul mate? [ 3 Answers ]

This is really long but this is what has been happening. We are not together physically at the moment I ll explain this year wise In 2003 I was 12 years old and while I was asleep I heard a voice the voice of some people addressing something very significant about him.I might have seen him very...

What is SOUL ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can soul get out of the body ? By what means ?

His Soul Wants Me [ 5 Answers ]

Last month my boyfriend died, he had been paryting all day at home with a few close friends because it was his friends birthday, I kept leaving sporatically because I didn't like his friend who was having the birthday.. I left @4:00, came back @8:00p.m. then left again until midnite. My boyfriend...

60' Soul [ 1 Answers ]

Who played Drums on the Song "ooh Child" by the Five Stairsteps

View more questions Search