Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda kaualoku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Overflowing Drain Water from Washer
    During the draining of water from my washer, I've noticed that it will drain somewhat, but water overflowes out of the hose leading into the drain pipe. I will have to turn off the machine, let the water drain, turn back on the machine and let water drain out again. Doing this will let all the water drain out, but is time consuming. Is it possible that the drain pipe is partially blocked? If so how can I free the line for proper drainage? My kitchen sink and diswasher do not seem to have a problem draining and the drain pipes are on the same line.

Thanks

Linda marie
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 04:42 PM
    This si more of a plumbing issue than an appliance problem. It does sound like your drain is partially clogged and neede to be rodded. You can rent an electric rodding machine if you are up to it. The clog could be 2 ft down the line or all the way out by the street and the pipesize and cutter size would be much larger outside the house.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Yes the drain line needs augured, but if the sink and dishwasher are fine, likely the problem is between the washer and where its line joins the others. You shouldn't need a large machine. Even one of those garden hose things might work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should there be water in the washer drain pipe? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, First off, thanks to all the insightful info on this board! I recently got a newer washing machine. I live in an apartment in a condo building and was experiencing water coming back out the drain pipe. At first my building mangager told me they were experiencing clogs in the...

Dishwasher won't drain and washer is backing up and overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

I have problem that has completely stumped my dad and I. My washer is backing up every time it goes to drain out for both the wash and rinse cycles. Also, my dishwasher is not draining out at all either. The washer has been doing this for a while, but the dishwasher just recently started doing...

Water Overflowing over Washer Standpipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2" PVC standpipe that is 33" tall. It feeds into a 2" P trap (cast-iron) connected to a 2" T. The top of the T is the vent pipe, and the bottom is connected to the sewer line. Using a garden hose, I can open it at max, with no overflow. I ran a snake into the cast-iron P trap (and as far...

Washer drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

The drain that my washing machine overflows during the rinse cycles. We have replaced the pipe and snaked the main pipe (metal pipe where pipes drain to). I have a Sear washer (older 12 yrs model) and it says it requires a 34" in standpipe with diagram showing 34" from floor to top of pipe. We used...

View more questions Search