Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamela1868 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2017, 05:01 PM
    Money left in acct.
    I had a savings account 36 years ago but only had 17 dollars in it and just forgot about it now the bank has closed down what happen to my 17 dollars
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 05:47 PM
    It's long gone. Even now banks close down inactive accounts and take a fee for doing so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 07:23 PM
    Agreed, it was gone years ago. As noted, once an account is inactive it was gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I open a bank acct. in a different state and money be levied [ 3 Answers ]

Id like to no if now that I live in a dif state can they still levy my new bank acct.

With my name on my boyfriends savins acct. can they take his money for a garnishment [ 4 Answers ]

I signed for my son to get a car when he was 17. That was 20 years ago. Now my boyfriend's savings account has a hold on it. My name is on it, but it's not my money. My name is just there in case I needed to pay a bill for him. What do I do?

What happens to my money left to me as beneficiary if there is not enough money in.. [ 4 Answers ]

I reside in NJ. My mother recently passed. She left me as beneficiary on 2 of her accounts. What happens if there is not enough money in the estate to cover her debts? Do I have to forfeit the money left to me as beneficiary?

US Govt confiscated money bank acct [ 7 Answers ]

My two granddaughters had almost $1000 in the bank after the death of their mother. Because of inactivity on this account, the US govt confiscated this money. Surely this money earned interest and was therefor "active" on a regular basis though money had not been added or withdrawn. How do I get...

The father of my son and my fince just left.. and left us with on money and food in pa [ 1 Answers ]

We've been together for almost 4 years and we live in a rented house. He just left with his sister and did not say where he was going. He didn't leave me any money, food pluse our son was sick and needed to go to the doctor. I know where he is at but his family won't let me talk to him.

View more questions Search