Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazziza87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2017, 02:53 PM
    Help to figure out Chemistry Question
    Hi all,

I am researching the process of flower preservation and need help figuring out some of the technical chemistry language. Here is the particular quote that I'm not understanding:
    "To dissolve the PEG, use cellosolve or monomethylene glycol monomethyl ether, mixed with acetone."
    This needs to be explained to me.

1. What in the world is monomethylene glycol monomethyl ether?

2. What kind of cellosolve should I use?

3. Do either one or both the cellosolve and MGME need to be mixed with acetone, or just the latter if I chose to use it?

Your help is most appreciated,
    John A.
    "To dissolve the PEG, use cellosolve or monomethylene glycol monomethyl ether, mixed with acetone."

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry question [ 0 Answers ]

For a dilute solution containing 2.5 g of a non- volatile non- electrolyte solute in 100 g of water, the elevationin boiling point at 1 atm pressure is 2ºC. Assuming concentration of solute is much lower than the concentration of solvent, the vapour pressure (mm of Hg) of the solution is (take Kb=...

Question about chemistry. [ 1 Answers ]

What are two uses of natural transmutation/half-life?

Need help with this chemistry question [ 0 Answers ]

John the chemist is trying to make Mg3(PO4)2. He is doing this via the following unbalanced precipitation reaction. K3PO4(aq) + MgCl2(aq)  Mg3(PO4)2(s) + KCl(aq) John needs to make ¾ of a kg of Mg3(PO4)2. If he starts with 1500.mL of a 4.711 M solution of K3PO4 and 3500. ML of a solution...

Ask a chemistry question? [ 2 Answers ]

A cylinder with s capacity of 4.0L is filled with oxygen to a pressure of 1500kPa. How much oxygen, measured at standard pressure, does this cylinder contain?

Chemistry question about Organic Chemistry [ 9 Answers ]

Could you explain to me why I ended up with two marks out of a possible 6 in these questions? I think that I answered them correctly but I am not sure so I would like your help so that then I may tell my instructor.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.