Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texan4591 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2017, 01:08 PM
    What does it mean when the grantor and grantee on a property deed have the same name?
    Grantor and grantee are of same name
    In reviewing recent property "sales" in my area, I noticed that in some cases the grantor and grantee on the property deeds are the same person. How can this be if the property was actually sold, or is this most likely some kind of trust?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 07:37 PM
    Search Results

grantee. n. the party who receives title to real property (buyer, recipient, donee) from the seller (grantor) by a document called a grant deed or quit claim deed.
    They are not the same

They are not the same, unless someone is selling the property to theirself

Search Results

grantee. n. the party who receives title to real property (buyer, recipient, donee) from the seller (grantor) by a document called a grant deed or quit claim deed.
    They are not the same

They are not the same, unless someone is selling the property to theirself
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 2, 2017, 07:04 AM
    It's probably a "corrective deed". There was some, probably minor, error in the original deed, they wanted to correct that error, so they filed a new deed to fix the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grantor and Grantee on a mineral deed [ 2 Answers ]

If there are multiple grantors on a mineral deed and one grantee, can the grantee be one of the grantors

What is a grantor vs a grantee [ 20 Answers ]

What is a grantor vs a grantee

Grantor = Grantee on Quitclaim Deed? Name Change Only [ 3 Answers ]

When my divorce was finalized in 2006, my lawyer used a quitclaim deed to transfer a condo-property that was owned jointly between my husband and I into my name solely. It was a fairly simple process, and the deed was indeed changed into my name with no issue. However, since then, I have resumed...

Grantee vs Grantor [ 1 Answers ]

Why would someone-in this case a husband/grantor have a warranty deed drawn to grantee and in this case being himself again and his wife together. Also the city records show the purchase price way under the property value. This warranty deed says 25k and 4 years earlier sale was 79k?

View more questions Search