Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2017, 08:25 AM
    Homeowner's Insurance
    You told me before, I am not compelled to stay with a homeowner,s insurance company(Matrix). After 10 years with the same agent, who only showed me contempt and never helped me. I want to look for another agent.

The current insurance company although expensive and better coverage than others. And has a good rated by the state. Question is does an insurance agent only represents certain companies. And not with my current insurer Gulfstream. Do I need to look for a free-lance?
    I never entertained Matrix insurance company in the first place, it was just assigned to me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 08:38 AM
    Did you try calling the insurance company and requesting a different agent, pastor? Who assigned you this new insurance company?
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2017, 10:53 AM
    Yes the one that insults is the President of the agency
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 07:47 PM
    First in general, there are normally only some specific policies, and all companies have fairly the same policies. With different riders and provision.

Homeowners 1, 2 and 3, and then General Fire with Liability.

Different agents represent different companies. No agent can represent all. Some restrict agents to just their company. Other independent agents represent dozens.

If you have a specific company you can contact them and ask for a local agent, if they have one.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2017, 03:01 AM
    Thanks Chuck. Yes it is better I get the list of agents for their company in my area.
    Than at random.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowner's Insurance [ 8 Answers ]

Homeowners insurance. If your existing policy is paid till Nov 1, 2015. And you decide to go with another carrier Effective on Oct 17,2015. Do you think the old insurance company will give you a prorated refund?

New Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

We had a roof leak 9 months ago and a total re-roofing done then. Our homeowner's insurance covered the water damage in one of our rooms. Recently we had another roof leak in same spot on roof that caused water damage in same room! Our Homeowner's Insurance is going after the roofer to pay for...

Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Does the insurance company penalize for claims filed and paid but homeowner never has work performed?

Homeowner Insurance [ 15 Answers ]

Neighbor occasionally baby sits in her own home. She has homeowners Insurance. I often wonder if the child got hurt under her care, would the insurance cover it. Or is there a separate policy she should get.

New roof through homeowner insurance [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tin roof over 30 years old. The ceiling is leaking in 3 rooms and 2 hallways in our house. Will insurance cover a new roof?

View more questions Search