Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shiny2shiny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2017, 05:55 AM
    How can I get my psychiatrist to believe that I am haunted
    How can I get my psychiatrist to believe that I am haunted?
    I believe I am not having a mental health problem other then the ones that the ghosts cause by never leaving me alone. They play with my body parts and are always making nose in my ears. How can I convince them to go away and how do I get the psychiatrist to be leave me about this? They are always so quick to say it's some mental health thing. What's the difference between a median and a mental health problem anyway? Could a lot of mental health problems truly be hauntings that go wrong? Since we know it takes a lot of tryes to get things right how can we ever be sure that mental health issues(some of them at least) are hauntings of spirits that just can't get along with the person?

I'm trying medications and they are not helping. I'm seeing a psychiatrist
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 06:07 AM
    How old are you and how long have you had these hauntings? How have they affected your life? How long have you been on meds? Have you been checked out by your regular doctor? Did he do a series of tests? In what country do you reside?

These are all important questions to answer before a reasonable suggestion can be given.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2017, 09:50 AM
    The voices to a Schizophrenic are as real as the world around them... but they are still the result of the disease they suffer from. And not actual real voices ( just an example..not to say this is your specific problem). Eventually they will find the right medications and dosages that work for you and you will see this as well. Its just going to take more time and perseverance. You can have 10 people with the same problem, and there could be 10 different medications and/or dosages required to get the same results. And even then those will need adjusted or changed from time to time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2017, 07:49 PM
    No, they may believe you think you are, but medical professions do not believe in ghosts and look for a known medical issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens when you see a psychiatrist [ 2 Answers ]

What happens when you have to see a psychiatrist?

Psychiatrist Evaluation [ 21 Answers ]

If a parent suggests that their child see a psychiatrist and the child is 19 years old and living at home what should the child do? If the child agreed and then thought the doctor was inappropriate in their approach can the doctor be reported? This is in the USA state of Pa.

What will counselling do for me that a psychiatrist can't [ 5 Answers ]

So my depression came back and I went to my doctor, and when she was sending the referral back to the psychiatrict she asked have I ever done counselling. I haven't of course but seeing as she mentioned it I'm thinking that it might be something to look into?

Should I see a psychiatrist [ 11 Answers ]

I am not very familiar with psychological disorders, and I feel like I am a normal person, but I also feel like I know a lot of people who go to psychiatrists that seem to be normal as well. I am now 25 years old, 3 years out of school and I am living my dream job and being very successful at it....

Seeing a psychiatrist [ 1 Answers ]

Can people from England see a psychiatrist for free? Maybe after a GP recommends it. Is this service part of the NHS or private sector?

View more questions Search